Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: plans for ce2

plans for ce2

just wondering if anyone knows if theres going to be plans for a ce2. i cant see them doing it in london again possible cities could be berlin, amsterdam, paris. but i think theyll go for somewhere english is a major language so amsterdam sounds good.

Re: plans for ce2

I'm sure LFL would like to do it again, as well as more in the US and perhaps in other parts of the world where SW is big (like Japan).

Personally I'd like to see it done every 3 or 4 years and have it move around the various European capitals/convention cities. I don't think that London should be the sole venue, because there are just as many fans on the mainland as there are fans in the UK. Besides, I like to travel and SW is one of my best excuses (USA, Tunisia, Spain, Italy, Norway and Guatemala).

Jeremy
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

I'm not keen on the 'moving around Europe' thing if it is the same year as a US Celebration as I always attend those and this year I was barely able to afford one in the UK on top of CIV, let alone finding funds to travel abroad again for Star Wars.

I think the Celebrations should stay with cities that have actually had some connection to the saga if they were to travel though - so maybe Italy could one day be a future Celebration site. (As long as it doesn't fall in a US Celebration year).

Alternatively a regular Celebration UK would be nice...

Obi

I asked Steve Sansweet at the hotel on Saturday night how he thought the show was going and he said "People seem to be resonding to it very well" (That's one thing that annoys me with Sansweet, it's like he's on autoresponse and doesn't actually tell you what he is actually thinking). So I said "That's great - so can we expect another then?" to which he replied "We have to survive this one first then we'll see".

So take from that what you will.

Obi

I hope a CE will be held every couple of years.
    I do hope that they stick to 1 locations so that they can improve the event a bit every time.
    Every location has it's own aspects which you find out after having used it. If you change the location every time then every time you have issues that you don't have if you stick to 1 location and learn from those "mistakes".
    makingofstarwars.com told through original production art

Every 2 years would do me fine

I had a great time - met some great people that
    really made up for the mistakes

As for location - London CE2 would be great

but any other european capital would be fine

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by thechosenbun
    just wondering if anyone knows if theres going to be plans for a ce2. i cant see them doing it in london again possible cities could be berlin, amsterdam, paris. but i think theyll go for somewhere english is a major language so amsterdam sounds good.
    Oh missed that amsterdam bit

That would be a treat -

mark

So, putting location to one side for a moment, what would you like to see at CE2.

What guests -

What shows -

What talks -

What kind of Celebration Store Merchandise

Etc..

Obi

Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Phantom_Jedi
    So, putting location to one side for a moment, what would you like to see at CE2.

What guests -

What shows -

What talks -

What kind of Celebration Store Merchandise

Etc..

Obi
    Guests: Harrison ford & George!!!
    Shows: One man prequel trilogy.
    Talks: Lucas & McCallum, Muran, Tippet & more ILM guys.
    Merchandise: Cheaper stuff. Sarlacc T-Shirt saying, "Feed me!"

As for location, what about Tunisia, with daily tours to the Dune sea? Ok, Ok, I know it's not Europe, but it's close. Failing that, Manchester, GMEX exhibition centre?

I personally think CE2 & C5 should be in 2010 for the 30th anniversary of Empire, then 2013 for Jedi. That'll give people enough time to save up!

Rob.
    My feedback: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...rt=&PHPSESSID=

"You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things!"

Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Phantom_Jedi
    I think the Celebrations should stay with cities that have actually had some connection to the saga
    Nice idea - now name some cities.

Jeremy
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast