Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CE - Your thoughts?

CE - Your thoughts?

So, for all of us people with Saturday / Sunday only tickets, what can the lucky Friday people tell us about CE?

What are things to look out for and what were your particular highlights?

Cant wait for tomorrow!

Re: CE - Your thoughts?

You cannot wait - I think there is alot of us

To be honest, I wasn't impressed. The opening ceremony was ok, getting everyone pumped up. When you go inside the autograph hall its plain to see the problems. A huge line starting to build for Mark Hamill before he even got there and only a handful getting autographs of the other guests, mainly for Prowse and Bulloch, probably for those new to conventions, most of the other guests were twiddling their thumbs.
    The merchandise stalls were unimaginative, a lot of them had nothing to do with Star Wars and were selling photos and toys of other genres. No rare toys and games, no limited editions that I could see a la CIV.
    A big bouncy castle (?) type assalt course to promote the Royal Military. Whats this got to do with Star Wars? It took up most of the space in the main hall. Didnt get to see the one-man Star Wars show but im assuming that was the highlight, with good reason.
    Overall not as good as CIV. Disappointing and poorly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSith
    To be honest, I wasn't impressed. The opening ceremony was ok, getting everyone pumped up. When you go inside the autograph hall its plain to see the problems. A huge line starting to build for Mark Hamill before he even got there and only a handful getting autographs of the other guests, mainly for Prowse and Bulloch, probably for those new to conventions, most of the other guests were twiddling their thumbs.
    The merchandise stalls were unimaginative, a lot of them had nothing to do with Star Wars and were selling photos and toys of other genres. No rare toys and games, no limited editions that I could see a la CIV.
    A big bouncy castle (?) type assalt course to promote the Royal Military. Whats this got to do with Star Wars? It took up most of the space in the main hall. Didnt get to see the one-man Star Wars show but im assuming that was the highlight, with good reason.
    Overall not as good as CIV. Disappointing and poorly planned.
    I agree to an extent apart from Prowse,Hammil,daniels,Parks and Bulloch the other ques were very quiet!

Once I was inside the main hall it was great..apart from aforementioned bouncy castle.

The problem was getting IN to the hall. I, with my brother, sister-in-law, niece and a mate queued by door S1. As we got near the entrance we were told by an Excel Official this door was closed and we were to go to door S4 to gain entry.

Upon arriving at S4 we were told by a very nasty supervisor that we were lying and just trying to sneak in. I said why would I bother when I was a Hyperspace member and could just stroll in with my family passes... He got extremely rude and sent us back to S1 where the guy that had sent us to S4 said he didn't have a clue what we were on about but let us in anyway!

Boy was I fuming! Threatened to go all Sith-Lord on his a***!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenblaze

I agree to an extent apart from Prowse,Hammil,daniels,Parks and Bulloch the other ques were very quiet!
    Well I was only in there 4 times during the course of the day and I know a lot were just in there to get some time with Hamill. His one hour talk was excellent though but I stick with my original thoughts on the overall 'event', even though ive now had time to cool off and reflect.

Ive necer known anything as unorganized as the Hamill que. not one of the crew or security knew what was going on. They tried to form a que in one direction before letting us into the actual line, then the crew member on the end of the line started letting people just enter the line without joining the premilery que, then when everyone was complaining they stared a separate que going in another direction before telling all the people in that que that they wouldnt get in unless they joined the back of the other que. All in all a total shambles. I ended up queing for almost 3 hours - so much for virtual queing!

90 percent of the staff were numptys

the one guy who was manning the bulloch que was a legend though he couldnt do enough to help people and was very friendly

I've just come back - great day in my opinion (although some problems as stated above - Hamill queue etc). I'm exhausted.
    My highlights
    Anthony Daniels was charming & talkative, & happily allowed photos to be taken.
    Sandi Finlay/Matt Wood/Matt Sloan were so cool & friendly.
    Mark Hamill was a legend. We were told not to talk to him as he will chat too much, but he happily chatted to me when I got his autograph - nice guy. He went out of his way to hug people for their candid photos too. Very fan friendly.
    Warwick Davis - his celebrity interviews were so funny.
    The tribute to Michael Sheard during the Imperials talk.
    The Clone Wars trailer - awesome. Saw it twice.
    Mark Hamill's talk was very interesting & humourous - I was sitting just beside his wife & daughter. He spoke about the Biggs/Luke deleted scenes.
    Ian McDiarmind's opening ceremony talk - he is a funny guy!!!
    Downsides:
    The official photographs used for the signings are very cheap IMO.
    Lack of organisiation in the autograph hall for Mark Hamill.
    Being in queues for about 41/2 hours today.....
    Not getting a goodie bag

Need to walk round the dealers tomorrow/Celebration store.

All in all - a good time. Now I must sleep...........

Gotta agree with JediClare....the photo quality was cheap.....almost like tissue, very thin!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast