Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 85 for an autograph!!

Re: 85 for an autograph!!

Well there you are!

-Nick

Hi Newlander, Just like you I recieved My Cellebration tickets today! WoW!! Over the last few months, I`ve been like a kid at Christmas, waiting patiently for any new and exciting news on the show of the century?! First there were the first confirmed guests, among mega stars like "the voice of Wedge" and the "Jabba the Hutt pupeteers"... Then we were supposed to get excited over the Darth Vader Balloon! Finally, we get some good news Mr Hammil is to attend...fantastic...one small snag 85.00 please! Ive been to loads of guest signings over the years, both in the U.K and in the U.S.A, and I really do believe Lucasfilm could`ve done better for all us fans. There has been superior Star Wars guest lists at Collectormania in Milton Keynes over the years and for the 85- price tag, you could bag an autograph of Billy Dee, Carrie Fisher, Pete Mayhew, Dave Prowse and still have change in your pocket...I`m sure that everyone will have a superb weekend dispite this issue - I know I will!

LOL! I want Mark hamill's auto but Damn! how expensive.I guess this is why he didnt come to C4, because he was way too overpriced.I have a feeling he may be doing the "2 ticket Rick"(this refers to Raplh Brown from C3 who charged 2 tickets for his auto and got noone to hardly purchase his auto-therefore I call this the "2 ticket Rick Syndrome").Hammil is notoriously overpriced.I said this was the reason he wasnt going to attend C4 and it looks as if I may have been right.The sad thing is I would have probably divied up 75 bucks for his auto at C4 if he would have been there.

What a rip off!
    Definately will not be going now-like many people here, I've helped keep George's bank balance topped up over the years, but this whole event smacks to me of poor organisation and corporate greed.
    "I once punched a man for saying Hawk The Slayer was rubbish".

It is overpriced, no doubt.

If Mr. Hamill were to be signing in the US, it might cost $100.00 at the most. The Celebration Europe cost is just about double that.

Now, I would pay it. But, that's because I'm a nutter(as you Brits like to say ) But, no matter how you sugarcoat it, the asking price is waaaay too high. And that's a fact.
    [o] (o) [o]
    "Stay in attack formation!"

Nick, they could tell you his autograph was $3000 (american) and you would be happy about it.

put things in perspective for once. It's out of control expensive. i dare anyone on these boards to find the last time someone star wars related charged that much to sign their name at a show. go ahead. aint going to happen. that price is just plain silly. you won't agree because they could serve up anything for you and it would be ho-hum. they could mark up mike edmonds to $100 per signature and you would think that is great too.

get some perspective man.
    Visit my website, a work in progress.
    www.starwarsgrapher.com

Does anyone know of a online store or autograph site would be willing to Hamills autograph at CE for me?
    Oh maaaan that was my dinner.
    No,No,No this suckers electrical.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsgrapher
    Nick, they could tell you his autograph was $3000 (american) and you would be happy about it.

put things in perspective for once. It's out of control expensive. i dare anyone on these boards to find the last time someone star wars related charged that much to sign their name at a show. go ahead. aint going to happen. that price is just plain silly. you won't agree because they could serve up anything for you and it would be ho-hum. they could mark up mike edmonds to $100 per signature and you would think that is great too.

get some perspective man.
    Considering this is being held in the biggest & most exspensive venue probaly in this country. It's still cheaper to get it here, than to go to the US. Thats perspective.

I wouldn't pay $100 for Mike edmonds, as I got that here for 10 and very easy to get. Mark Hamil for most of us is a very rare oppertunity, thats why the cost of his Autograph is justified on this occasion.

-Nick

High Admiral

I think 85 is too much too however, I have talked it over with my better half and we've both come to the conclusion that it's probably the only time I'll meet him in person so I'll be paying.

Take note: I have said I am not happy about this however, you will not hear me going on about it time and time again!!!!

The most I've ever paid for an autograph was 100 and that was for Buzz Aldrin, but he had walked on the moon and it was a one off...my most expensive Star Wars auto was about 20...as much as I'd like his auto its gonna take some thinking about, its a lotta dough!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast