Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Londoners with woodworking skills?

Any Londoners with woodworking skills?

Hi Folks,

We need some help with the collecting panels. Many of you may have seen the big medallion displays we had in the room at C4. Here's an image of the Roadshow panel.
    C4 panel

Well, we are planning the same for CE, but we don't have a way to support them. For C4 we used very cheap easels such as this. However, they are pretty pricey in London and shipping them over won't be any better. Plus, we didn't save the ones from C4.
    Easel

Is anybody willing and able to make some up for us? We need 12 and I think it can be done with 3 broomsticks or some type of garden post. They don't have to be much or look like much. The displays are very lightweight and might be 2 kg at best.

Here's a crude drawing of what we need. The bottom line is that they need to be as cheap as possible. It's just a few nuts and bolts and some sticks really. They will be disposed of after the convention. No painting required.
    drawing

If anybody can help with this please let me know. We could probably spare a few medallions for your efforts. But not a whole set.

Thanks a lot!

-chris
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    chris@toysrgus.com

Re: Any Londoners with woodworking skills?

I will stand and hold the posters for a set of medallions

I bet someone can help you out...if you dont get any help PM me
    LOOKING FOR: Chewbacca items, ANY Chewbacca items. The odder the better.

you could get people in costumes to hold them like the ladies that hold up the round cards in boxing

Quote Originally Posted by nlindenj
    you could get people in costumes to hold them like the ladies that hold up the round cards in boxing
    Slave Leias !

i cant make them for you but i can give you easy instructions to do it yourself, if your interested let me know chris
    tel

I appreciate the humor but we need help with these. They have to sit on those stands 9 hours a day for 3 days. So, while the thought of a dozen slave Leias holding up the displays is interesting, I think they'd get tired. Any serious help offers?

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

mine actually was a serious offer, after the materials are bought they can be knocked together in an hour tops.

I just happened to hit reply after I read your post but I didn't mean you. Sorry.

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

no problem john
    i was even thinking if knowone can do it i can if the materials are all there. ive about an hour or 2 to kill between my landing and the show starting. the only problem is the mess (woodchips) but if theres a side door near they could be cut there. let me know if you havent any other offers
    tel

Email sent Chris.

Talk soon

marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast