Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scummers trip to the SW Exhibition? Who's in?

Scummers trip to the SW Exhibition? Who\'s in?

So, I arrive in London on Thursday and thought that I'd take in the SW exhibition at the County Hall in the morning before I can check into my hotel, have some lunch and then hit Forbidden Planet.

I can't see this being as good as the AMAZING Barbican exhibition in 2000 but I think it'll be worth going. Tickets are quite expensive but what the heck...

I'm gonna get there for doors opening at 10am. Anyone care to join me?
    Le Mullet - it sounds *****r in French!

'UNDERGROUND - 25 Years in the Labyrinth' - Coming Soon

Re: Scummers trip to the SW Exhibition? Who\'s in?

I've already seen it, and I thought in some ways it was far better than the Barbican. The only thing that lets it down is that it is very dark inside and there isn't much in the way of merchandising related to the exhibit. A nice programme wouldn't have gone amiss.

Thanks.

Is there any Anakin costumes on display?
    Le Mullet - it sounds *****r in French!

'UNDERGROUND - 25 Years in the Labyrinth' - Coming Soon

Yes. Anakin's costume from ROTS is on show.

The problem with the exhibition is not that it's expensive, but that it's poorly laid out. There isn't any kind of journey to undertake (my preference would have been to move the exhibition in episodic order) - each area either has a random assortment of things in it, or concerns a particular location or planet, but there's no order or logic to their appearance. There's also not much write up about the items you're looking at. I mean, we all know that it's a Jabba concept maquette, but some details wouldn't go amiss.

Also, some rooms are really sparsely filmed, with literally only one costume in a big glass box.

The Jedi School is quite fun though, and is a good high note to end with.

Quote Originally Posted by redxavier
    The problem with the exhibition is not that it's expensive, but that it's poorly laid out.
    Correction, the problem with the Exhiition is that it is expensive and it's poorly laid out.

You don't think 16.50 for an hours stroll is s rip off? It doesn't even get you a goody bag or programme like the Barbican one did.

Jeremy
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Whoa! I didn't know it was that much...Maybe I won't even bother...I'm already going to see two shows, a film, a jaunt to FP for some GG stuff and that all does't even include flight/travel time and CE itself!!!
    I was planning on hitting the Exhibition the morning before I leave, but maybe I'll just sleep in!
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"
    "This above all: To thine own own self be true."
    "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

I think it is what you make of it. Personally I really enjoyed it after the very few items that were on display at CIV's Archive room (even fewer at CE so I understand - the archives here will probably be housed in a broom closet), there was some great stuff from across the saga and things that I have never seen at some other Star Wars exhibits I have been to.

It was great to see the Klaatu, Barada & Nikto heads, Zam Wessell's full size speeder, Anakins full size podracer, Sebulba's Podracer, Blue Royal Guard outfit and the many other items on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Phantom_Jedi
    I think it is what you make of it. Personally I really enjoyed it after the very few items that were on display at CIV's Archive room
    That is a very good point. If you haven't seen one of LFLs proper archive exhibits then there is nothing wrong with what they have brought over. The venue leaves a lot to be desired if you want to take photos though.

Jeremy
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Jeremy, will they not let you take photos?? Also, should I purchase tickets ahead of time or am I safe buying them that day? (I was thinking of going on July 12th.)
    C. Perry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast