Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another kick in the teeth for us Euro collectors..

Another kick in the teeth for us Euro collectors..

I have just read this on the following site www.gentlegiantcollectors.com regarding sale of the limited art prints being made available by the Star Wars artists.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    However, here's the shoe dropping (and this affects ALL artwork at CE): LFL has informed the artists that they just change the prices of their C4 print charges from US dollars to UK pounds. Note that I said "change" and not "convert". This means that the AH! print at CE will likely be 75 pounds (which is basically $150 USD). I had this confirmed by Dave Dorman as well, who said his CE print will be 100 Pounds at LFL's request.

[/QUOTE]

Hope the SW Shop has plenty of room, because i feel that they will need it for all the unsold prints. I feel sorry for the artists, i love their work, and they are governed by "the maker" but this info is a kick in the you know what for us Euro collectors.

Well done LFL
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Re: Another kick in the teeth for us Euro collectors..

Well, that does indeed stink...as I was all set to purchase Dave's and Adam's prints! ...as well as JAKe's and some others....*sigh*...Well, I am glad I booked three West End shows for my brief stay...as least I can feel that I left with something!
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"
    "This above all: To thine own own self be true."
    "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

It is crap but I still want that Adam Hughes Print.

I hope he takes orders in advance.
    Le Mullet - it sounds *****r in French!

'UNDERGROUND - 25 Years in the Labyrinth' - Coming Soon

Re: Another kick in the teeth for us Euro collecto

well I am glad I got my Trevas print from a friend.....

wonder what the prices for the figs will be?? I hope not 20 pounds each that is 40 bucks....
    LOOKING FOR: Chewbacca items, ANY Chewbacca items. The odder the better.

Well, according to various replys to my post in other forums, the artists claim they are in complete control of the price, not LFL.
    Yes the prints will be dearer than a straight $ to conversion, BUT they will not be 40 for a $40 print. It will more likely be a figure in between.

If this is the case, then i may be able to buy a print or two, but only the low end priced prints.

Glad i got my Russ Walks, Joe Corroney & Jeff Carlisle prints from a contact in LA. At least i will have something to show off on my wall
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

I'll see what prices are like at the show, but if they are too expensive, especially three figure sums, I wont buy them which would be a shame but I wont stand for being ripped-off.

Russ is doing a different print for CE

That what he emailed me a few weeks before C4

Mark

Russ said to me also that he was hoping to do another print for CE, but on his site, he showed the same print for both shows (before LFL asked him to remove the images).

I'll be after his print first, then the others will fall in line

I'll be in the line too

MARK

I feel for you Euro collectors if pricing does indeed reach rumored heights. The art section was THE highlight of my C4 trip.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast