Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dagobah Playset Sculpter's Daughter's Name?

Dagobah Playset Sculpter\'s Daughter\'s Name?

I was just going over some old reading, browsing 12back.com when I came across something I never heard of before. I guess supposedly the designer of the Dagobah Playset etched his daughter's name into the base?!

Here's a link to the article.

I tried searching a topic on it here on the forums, but had no luck. Has this already been discussed? Is there a picture of this trivia tidbit?

Thanks!

Mike

Re: Dagobah Playset Sculpter\'s Daughter\'s Name?

I don't know if it's been disscussed either (I assume so) but that was probably ages ago...

I too think this is awesome, Emily's name on the back of the snake on the Dagobah
    playset and he also carved his last name into the end of the Tauntaun's tail

I wonder if anyone besides himself knew about it before it did go to production.

Mattias

Being that I have neither of these to actually inspect myself, does anyone have any pics of these?

That's facinating. I seem to remember seeing that on the playset as a kid, but thinking my mind was playing tricks on me.

Once I get my playset out of storage I'll have to check that out.

Thanks for th tip.
    Who's scruffy lookin'?

I`ve just checkt my Taun-tauns and i can se that there are letters but i can`t tell what it says, it`s to blurry.
    LF: At-At driver,At-At Commander,Bossk and Zuckuss pre-production items.

Anyone have pics of both names? I'd love to see that.
    WTB: Playmobil vintage "R2-D2" figure loose or MIB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Machika
    I was just going over some old reading, browsing 12back.com when I came across something I never heard of before. I guess supposedly the designer of the Dagobah Playset etched his daughter's name into the base?!

Here's a link to the article.

I tried searching a topic on it here on the forums, but had no luck. Has this already been discussed? Is there a picture of this trivia tidbit?

Thanks!

Mike

I checked it out when I saw this post. Here's what I found:

1) the sculpted base is MUCH more detailed than I ever realized. There are all kinds of small frogs and lizards and sticks and stuff.

2) The girl's name "Emily" is faintly but clearly visible on the back of a small lizard located on the front bottom right, if you position the playset as the large hole for the hut in front. The lizard is on a small ledge.

Lastly, I checked my original Taun (not split belly) and honestly can't tell anything from the etchings that might be a letter or name.

SB

There is also a set of initials on one of the toys. I can't seem to recall which piece though. It's not like a organic sculpt though - the initials are in some piping and ribbing on something mechanical looking. Maybe Ron or Chris G. can chime in as to which toy it was.

Cj
    WTB: Palitoy ESB Han Hoth, PBP Han Hoth (ESB & ROTJ)
    WTS: Rocket Firing Fett Missile. L and J slot available

Vintage Toy Archive: http://www.12back.com

Think I remember something like a
    signature on the Jabba the Hutt throne?

- Graham
    Figure-wise the Jawa has a cloth cape that was made from someone's brown sock

Others did know about the hidden items in the Dagobah playset; well sort of...
    I was told by a Kenner employee that the sculptor had sculpted his own face in a triangle hole in the tree. This was caught by his boss and rubbed out. I guess the quality control for snakes left a little to be desired.
    Always looking for Vintage sculpting tools, employee items, Lando Skiff, Lobot piececs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast