Thread: CE Collector's Panels

CE Collector\'s Panels

Hello,

Will there be something like the C IV Collector's Panels at CE ? And what about the Collector's Panels Medallions ?
    "Who's the more foolish : the fool or the fool who follows him ? "

Re: CE Collector\'s Panels

yes there will be collecting panels. as for the medallions I am not sure but would guess no. htey only made a small amount and those things will be like gold at C4...better yet..platinum..
    LOOKING FOR: Chewbacca items, ANY Chewbacca items. The odder the better.

How do the Collector's Panels work? A bunch of people sitting around talking? To whom? Who are the collectors that are on the panel and how are they selected? Is it well known collectors or soemthing?
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"
    "This above all: To thine own own self be true."
    "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

a series of experts have put together presentations with powerpoint or somesuch. They are at scheduled times so you can choose which ones you want to go to. Theya re quite informative and well worth the ones you want to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadioche
    Hello,

Will there be something like the C IV Collector's Panels at CE ?
    Yes, Gus will also be putting together the panels for CE. He's working on them but with C4 only days away I don't anticipate much being done until it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadioche
    And what about the Collector's Panels Medallions ?
    They are exclusive to C4 in LA and will not be given away at CE.

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

How do the Collector's Panels work? A bunch of people sitting around talking?

[/QUOTE]

No, a panelist or a team of panelists basically present information. Picture a verbal article or book accompanied by Powerpoint slides and possibly items on display.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTristram
    To whom?
    Whomever shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTristram
    Who are the collectors that are on the panel and how are they selected? Is it well known collectors or soemthing?
    They may or may not be well-known but panelists are chosen by Gus Lopez based on their level of expertise in a certain field. For example, I'm heading up a unlicensed toy panel at C4 with the help of Joseph Ygelsias and Ron Salvatore. Also, Gus has done panels on cereal boxes, Todd Chamberlain has done panels on store displays, etc. They are well-worth sitting through.

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA
    How do the Collector's Panels work? A bunch of people sitting around talking?
    No, a panelist or a team of panelists basically present information. Picture a verbal article or book accompanied by Powerpoint slides and possibly items on display.

John

[/QUOTE]

So completely different to fence panels then ?

-Nick

they are definitely worth sitting through. if you find any of that stuff interesting it is a good way to make contacts and to learn about what is out there.

Thanks a lot, John, for your precisions.
    Surely, watching theses panels will be very interesting ! I'm impatient to see them.
    "Who's the more foolish : the fool or the fool who follows him ? "

Yeah I cant wait for these, especially hearing some of the stuff being said, sounds fantastic!
    I plan to live forever, so far so good!