Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Convention Exclusives List - a Work in Progress

Re: Convention Exclusives List - a Work in Progres

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    If everything was common, I personally would be much less interested in acquiring them.
    Have you considered therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness
    The whole point of the celebration is too have fun not get pissed off fighting over souvineers.
    Then for those who don't enjoy collecting limited items should refrain from buying them, and then they can still have fun with out a need to get upset over trying to collect the "souvenirs". If collecting isn't fun, just do something else; I'm sure they will also have all sorts of non-limited items to purchase as well.
    I'm interested in certain item's like the maquettes cause I like the style. I could care less if they where limited, I like the fact they are exclusive to C4 but if they made one for everyone that attends I would be plenty happy. I'm not buying a exclusive item because it's limited or it'll be worth money or anything stupid like that. I'm buying cause I like it and I can display it in my house as a souvenir from C4, thats the whole point.

The whole point of the celebration is too have fun not get pissed off fighting over souvineers.
    Then for those who don't enjoy collecting limited items should refrain from buying them, and then they can still have fun with out a need to get upset over trying to collect the "souvenirs". If collecting isn't fun, just do something else; I'm sure they will also have all sorts of non-limited items to purchase as well.
    I'm interested in certain item's like the maquettes cause I like the style. I could care less if they where limited, I like the fact they are exclusive to C4 but if they made one for everyone that attends I would be plenty happy. I'm not buying a exclusive item because it's limited or it'll be worth money or anything stupid like that. I'm buying cause I like it and I can display it in my house as a souvenir from C4, thats the whole point.
    But the whole point behind why these kinds of items are made limited is because the collectors who do collect them do care about things like how limited they are, that is the target audience they are made for even if you don't personally fall into that category. They make all kinds of other non-limited souvenirs for people who just want things to display in their house from C4 and don't care about the collecting aspect.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

But the whole point behind why these kinds of items are made limited is because the collectors who do collect them do care about things like how limited they are
    Maybe the mentally deficient ones do, but the vast majority of collectors are sane human beings who appreciate the items themselves and not the twisted need to have something other people don't. The people who "care about how limited [things] are" are a blight on the hobby and should be run out of fandom.

Or at the very least consult with a psychologist to discover why they can only find joy in denying things to others.

Banned

Alright guys, can we please stop cluttering up Spideymike's thread with this back-and-forth bickering on collecting? Everyone collects for their own reasons and tastes. No need to bash each other's opinions here.

Let's keep this thread on topic - listing the CIV exclusives.

Not worth the reply. Nuff said.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Emperor's Hand

•    

"Stay on Target."

Yes - I'll be wearing my RPF Stay on Target shirt at C4 one of the days.

WOW Thanks for all the hard work! It will be easier for a first timer!

Have they released what items will be sold in the c4 store yet?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast