Page 3 of 993 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Acquisitions - Yo Joe Edition

Re: Recent Acquisitions - Yo Joe Edition

Two more pickups this weekend. I won an auction for a VAMP II minus the steering wheel and a Cobra Snow Serpent minus the missile stand for a grand total delivered to me for about $25. I'm trying real hard not to clutter up my house with more "stuff" after dumping almost all of my Star Wars collection, but Joe's are really hard to avoid. I'm think though I'm just going to stick with jeeps and a few figures.
    Han Focus

Time to nut up or shut up.

I got a first shot for my Firefly V2 run this past week. Now i have a rough, unfinished HC, the handpainted photo sample HC, the FS and the concept/presentation art. Not a bad little run.
    Shane Turgeon
    Author: The Force in the Flesh
    www.theforceintheflesh.com
    www.tattoosandtoys.com

Not sure if Sigma Six counts...But I picked up Night Ops (paratrooper) Duke at Target for $2.54.

Dang, that's more than 75% off...most Targets sold those out at $5. I found one hidden (obviously) on a shelf, the blinking light version.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Had a nice surpirse at the big local antique show today. Picked up MOCs of Footloose, Airtight, Dr. Mindbender, Croc Master and Raptor, all Candian cards for $190. As nice a deal as it was, i guess the guy who had them picked them up at my big toy show a couple weeks back for $15 each.

I guess that'll teach me to pay more attention at more show.
    Shane Turgeon
    Author: The Force in the Flesh
    www.theforceintheflesh.com
    www.tattoosandtoys.com

good haul Shane.
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

Received my Japanese Flint MOC. of course it came from Asia, and as with most things I get from Asia, the box got knocked around in transit, but overall I'm still happy with it. It's not great looking, but it is mine.

BTW does anyone know where or if it's possible to find an Action Force Flint?
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

Not a big Joe collector (although I am getting pretty interested in the 25th ann sets) but I do grab a few of my old favorites when I see them from time to time. Anyway, I was able to get my hands on an A.V.A.C. in near mint condition from ebay. I got a great deal.

Now if I could just find a Firebat that's in good shape for under $50... I know, not going to happen. I miss the days when you could find this kind of stuff at garage sales.

I missed those days when Hasbro offered vehicles through mail-in using Flag points. I got the Firebat this way since I wasn't weathy enough at the time to get the Terrordrome.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller
    I missed those days when Hasbro offered vehicles through mail-in using Flag points. I got the Firebat this way since I wasn't weathy enough at the time to get the Terrordrome.
    That's exactly how I got my Firebat. I collected the flag points for a long time and I finally was able to get it. I loved that little jet. I had it for years before one of my friends decided to see if they could make it fly.

Considering that was almost 20 years ago, I should probably let it go...

Page 3 of 993 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast