Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for convention-goers

Tips for convention-goers

So, you already went to a Con or two (or three!) and have learned something there that you think you can share with all those who haven't yet? Like a what-to-do (or not-to-do) list?

You can check our Weekly-Force-casts (message board here) where Pete and Jason are already sharing one tip per show before CIV starts (things like what to take for an autograph signing, or things like walkie-talkies [don't laugh! It's a cool idea, ya know?]).

So, if you do have a cool tip to share with us, just post it here. Forearmed is forewarned, right?

Thanks
    Team Rebelscum staff member.
    E-mail: jose@rebelscum.com
    SWCP co-founder.
    S.W.O.R.A. Co-founder.

Re: Tips for convention-goers

I'm not laughing - walkie-talkies are a good idea if you are in a group. Or if you all have mobiles then share your numbers around so you can text each other. But please don't post them in the forums.

If you are limited on time then plan what you want to do. CE is going to have plenty of attractions so you might want to pick and choose. If C3 was anything to go by some of the live shows (like the SW in 1 Minute show) will need plenty of queueing time. And if Showmaster's use their normal ticketing system for buying autographs you'll definately want to take advantage of the fast track system to ensure you get the ones you want most.

Things to bring:

Blister patches - I recommend Compeed.
    Drink - the concession stands at ExCel will be busy and expensive
    Food - see above!
    Batteries - charge up your camera batteries in advance. There is a concession selling them but my last visit to ExCel I found 4 x AA's to be 6!
    Plenty of spending money

Jeremy
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Hey, great suggestions, Jeremy. Sometimes the most obvious is not always what jumps to mind first, right?

Erm... "compeeds"
    SWCP co-founder.
    S.W.O.R.A. Co-founder.

They'll be plenty of guests. If the CE list is prety much as the C4 list then i will be happy

Here's a tip from me: if you're not a UK'er better be prepared for a different type of power connection for your notebook, camera or whatever.

Therefore (you won't regret it), I suggest you get something like the World Travel Adapter, from "Swiss Travel Products" (no publicity intended):

http://www.porta-charge.co.uk/accessory_0253.html
    SWCP co-founder.
    S.W.O.R.A. Co-founder.

What currency will the vendor accept?
    Only GBP or also Euro's?
    Do they accept credit cards?
    makingofstarwars.com told through original production art

That's not a tip, that's a question. And this is an answer:

This is the UK, and we didn't switch over to the Euro.

I'd say that most will take c/c.

Here is a tip - bring two pairs of shoes. One for the day time and another for the evening. Let your day shoes air overnight so that the don't get sweaty and smell, and the insoles will relax. Your feet will thank you.

Another ped-orientated tip is to get Dr Scholl's "Party Feet" - http://www.schollpartyfeet.com/

Jeremy
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    That's not a tip, that's a question. And this is an answer:
    This is the UK, and we didn't switch over to the Euro.

I'd say that most will take c/c....

Sorry about that. Indeed a question and not a tip
    Feel free to delete it from the thread.

I know that the UK doesn't have the Euro but I thought that maybe they would accept them at a conbvention of this scale with many Euro-converted Europeans coming.
    makingofstarwars.com told through original production art

I doubt they would accept the Euro at Celebration Europe. Too much hassle on the day with guest prices and conversion rates

However, if they do the same as the US celeration events where they allow you to buy vouchers which are then redeemed for autographs before the event then they may accept the euro there

'Tips', guys, please. We're straying off-course here...

Keep it short and sweet.
    SWCP co-founder.
    S.W.O.R.A. Co-founder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast