Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Acquisitions - Movie Toys & Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader97 View Post
    Just ordered Fred and George Weasley, and Madeye from bbts, 7 inch versions.

Is there a Harry Potter thread somewhere in the cool toy review forum? Can't seem to find it. I've been getting into the movies lately (a little late, I know), and I'm trying to find out what toys where made and whether anybody collects them?

-Sune
    Last edited by sunejensen; 01-12-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Found a couple of the Terminator Salvation Terminator exoskeleton actin figures at the local Runnings store. The figures were 3.50 each

Quote Originally Posted by sunejensen View Post
    Is there a Harry Potter thread somewhere in the cool toy review forum? Can't seem to find it. I've been getting into the movies lately (a little late, I know), and I'm trying to find out what toys where made and whether anybody collects them?

-Sune
    You can do a search for Harry Potter - there should be at least one thread, I think it was devoted to the Popco figures.

As for what's been made, here's a quick list:

Popco: Based in the UK, they made 4" Harry Potter figures up until recently. These are very popular with good articulation and paint. They are hard to get in the US.
    NECA: Based in the US, they make 6" Harry Potter figures, though I think the most recent Deathly Hallows Part 2 will be their last run. These are mostly just statues, as they have very little articulation.
    The Noble Collection: Based in the US, they make Harry Potter prop replicas, trinkets, and other mid-high end collectibles.
    Gentle Giant: Based in the US, they make Harry Potter busts and statues.

Those are the major ones I can think of.

I'm a huge fan of the Popco HP line... those were some nice figures indeed. shame that they are so expensive and were not brought over to the US. I would have bought them all along with the playsets and deluxe sets as well.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

I also would have bought them all if they were offered in the US. Not sure if Rowling had a thing about merchandise, but it was a huge missed opportunity to not fully support the movies with some type of toy line. Sure, they had Mattel early, but the quality and design was weak. Then NECA towards the middle and end, but those are just basically statues. Which is a shame when you know NECA can do so much better (look at their Street Fighter, Terminator, GoW, etc). Harry Potter should have had some line to dominate during the movie years...

I'm still finding Terminator Salvation figures at the local Runnings store here in town. They're 4.99 each or you can buy 5 for 10 bucks. They're mostly the black colored versions of the T-700s and one or two of the rotting skin T-600s

Acroyear

ΑΙΩΝΙΑ ΣΠΑΡΤΗ

I never saw a 3 3/4 Iron Man 2 Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko when the movie came out, but I found one at Walmart hiding in the Avengers figures. He scanned for $5.

His whips are a little on the thick side, but he's a very nice figure overall.

I got today Neca Predators Berserker.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast