Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must Read If Starting A Thread Here

Must Read If Starting A Thread Here

Hi everybody,

I have been noticing a number of members have been deleting the text of their offer posts and even the thread titles.

As a condition of using this section, please do not do this. When you do so, you cause us to lose important information that the community can use to better understand these collectibles.

When you have a completed thread, or one you no longer want open, simple append "sold, done, lock" or some other nomenclature to the end of your subject.

If it continues to happen we will need to prevent user edits of posts minutes after posted, something I do not wish to do.

Thanks.
    Philip Wise
    Webmaster - Rebelscum.com
    Webmaster - TheForce.net
    Play nice!

Re: Must Read If Starting A Thread Here

yes - I hate reading "sold - thanks" followed by "wow, that went fast"

Quote Originally Posted by Hecubus114
    yes - I hate reading "sold - thanks" followed by "wow, that went fast"
    Here here!
    "When I look at you through The Force, I can see where you break." - Mace Windu, [i]Shatterpoint[i]
    My Collection

Philip:

I'm trying to better understand what you're looking to discourage--changing the thread title or just outright deleting the thread title. I'll explain...

I've been editing the title of my thread as the items I have available for sale change. For instance, my thread title started off as "FS: MR Cases and Display Accessories". Once all the display accessories were sold, I changed the thread title to "FS: MR Cases". Now that all but one of the cases have sold, I changed the thread title to "FS: MR Yoda AOTC Case". Should I not be doing that?

I also have several new MR display-related items I was planning to add to my sale thread and was going to update the thread title accordingly. Should I be starting a new thread instead?

However MAF reading your recent sale what had been sold already was evident from the main body text of the post, I think what Philip is trying to stop is people erasing the total post (and the title in many cases) because what items have been sold cannot be traced.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

I agree, I think what Philip is getting at is people deleting their post so all that's left in the title is "Sold" and all that's left in the body is "Sold". Updating your title to reflect what's still "in stock" doesn't seem like an issue, as long as you leave a list of everything you've been selling.

Other users can help with this too: If you're the first to reply, quote the seller's post.
    Collector of LEGO, Funko Pop!, and other ephemera.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDumbWookiee

Other users can help with this too: If you're the first to reply, quote the seller's post.
    That sounds like a sensible idea.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

It's also helpful to track the sale value of the items. It's good to be able to search on an item and see what sales have been in the past. Sometimes when I'm on the fence, I'll look around to see "is that a good deal, great deal, ok deal, etc..."

When the post is gone and you can't see the sale price, then it's impossible to see what happened, and I'm still in the dark (as normal).

It's also very helpful when I'm in a good mood, and see that something just sold for 3 times lower than what I bought it for....Get's me back to my old grumpy self
    "Gooood! Use your aggressive spending, boy! Let the cash flow through you!" - Ham_Solo
    "You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me"

Quote Originally Posted by Revan
    However MAF reading your recent sale what had been sold already was evident from the main body text of the post, I think what Philip is trying to stop is people erasing the total post (and the title in many cases) because what items have been sold cannot be traced.
    I was inclined to believe that too. Just looking for clarification from pw.

very good idea, philip. i've been hoping for a change on the "sold" listings & now here it is. woo hoo! thx again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast