Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Cases For TAC Basic Figures

Star Cases For TAC Basic Figures

I've searched, but maybe I'm just an idiot and couldn't find a thread regarding this, but does anyone know if any of the existing Star Cases will fit the upcoming TAC basic figures, or will we have to wait for a new fitted design to be released?

Re: Star Cases For TAC Basic Figures

i am probably sure that there will be a new design.

I kinda hope the will be similar to the SAGA in size, and cut. I have a bunch for this series. I know it looks different and all, but we can hope for it to be close.
    I am a Jedi, like my father before me!
    My Trade List & ask for customs link

From the pictures released and the Hasbro Q&A isn't the bubble going to be smaller for TAC. If true, I'd suspect both the Star Case 3 and 4 will work.

the cards are still based on the standard 6x9 format that we've seen for many years, just the odd angles and cut ins make them look like they'll be difficult. Hasbro has said that their current cases will work with the TAC cards and i'd assume that any of the the standard Star Cases will work as well.

Hey, anyone lucky enough to have found TAC so far, please let us know how existing star cases fit. Pictures would be nice, and I'm especially interested in the 2006 Hasbro cases ("fit 99% of carded figures since 1995") and how they work, because I'm sitting on about 60 of those.

Thanks!

Picture of my very own 30th Anniversary figure in the "original" star case.

Let me rephrase this and edit it. The picture is blocking out what I have to say. The Star Case 1 is a perfect fit. The edges touch all of the card, which isn't much. The Star Case 4 or any of its revisions don't make contact with all of the card, so it isn't the best case for these figures. The Star Case 4 is also too deep. Hasbro's cases that fit all figures really have one downside: the size. They are so deep, it wouldn't make sense to put thin-bubble figures from POTF2 or Episode 1 in there. Star Case 2 is way too deep for these figures. The original star case should fit these perfectly, like in my photograph. However, these figures by their nature aren't very mint, so I was fortunate enough to find a candidate that was worthy of protection.

Thanks for that pic!!
    I am a Jedi, like my father before me!
    My Trade List & ask for customs link

Quote Originally Posted by tenike1
    Picture of my very own 30th Anniversary figure in the "original" star case.

Let me rephrase this and edit it. The picture is blocking out what I have to say. The Star Case 1 is a perfect fit. The edges touch all of the card, which isn't much. The Star Case 4 or any of its revisions don't make contact with all of the card, so it isn't the best case for these figures. The Star Case 4 is also too deep. Hasbro's cases that fit all figures really have one downside: the size. They are so deep, it wouldn't make sense to put thin-bubble figures from POTF2 or Episode 1 in there. Star Case 2 is way too deep for these figures. The original star case should fit these perfectly, like in my photograph. However, these figures by their nature aren't very mint, so I was fortunate enough to find a candidate that was worthy of protection.
    Which star case is the version currently sold at hasbrotoyshop?
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

There is and only will be one "star case," which is produced by Protech. I'm sure the term "star case" is used loosely when talking about all brands of clamshells, but they are probably the most popular. hasbro's own clamshells are big and not very good for older figures. They are the only figures to fit the animated Clone Wars figures well, so that's why I bought them. If anybody is wanting to purchase clamshells for their figures, go with Protech's Star Cases.

I purchase all of my cases here: http://www.wholesalecases.com/star-wars-supplies.html

And remember, the star case 3 and star case 4 have tendencies to have "loose" fronts as I would call them. I haven't really experienced the backs not fitting tightly with the fronts with the star case and star case 2.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast