Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MATTEL - Hotwheels

Re: Hotwheels 2007

They have always had problems with people opening packages and taking the cars but it's 100 x worse with these new blacked out blisters. Anyone who has ever seen a HW car knows that the packaging is about as simple as you can get anyhow and it's not that hard to peel the blister back enough to slide the car out.

I agree the whole Super TH is another disaster waiting to happen. Again I can see where they are coming from and why they are trying it but it just won't work.Their thinking is we make a Super TH line which is basically the same exact car just with different wheels and of course a slightly lower production # and the hardcore collectors and Scalpers will go for those leaving the regular TH's for your casual collector and that way everyone will be happy but you and I both know that's not going to be the case.

2006 has to be the worse year idea wise that Mattel has ever had for it's HW line and 2007 isn't looking like it's going to be much better.

Yup, those dirty scalpers will go for everything!! And with those Super Treasuer Hunts being so hard to find, they will be out in force each and every day!!! It'll be hell for the real collectors!!
    "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic.
    My feedback

I'm not sure how many so called "REAL" collectors there really are anymore. You have people complain because they can't find a TH but they are the same people who if given a chance will open 20 cases on a pallet and only take the TH's and nothingelse or they will go to Walmart,Target,ect...and if there isn't anything valuable or what they consider HTF they will walk out with nothing.

Myself I gave up on TH's long ago and pick up whatever catches my eye regardless of how many are hanging aka Pegwarmers or how rare it is.

If I see a car I like, I buy it. I like Batman, so I bought most of the Batmobiles in the 1/64 line (except those 2-packs), and even got the 1/18 Batmobile. I saw a new version of the Batmobile #1 from the 2004 line, redeco'd flat black and gold chrome (renumbered #207), so I picked one up. (Funny thing is, these 1/43 Batman cars from Corgi don't appeal to me at all.) I also picked up the new repack of the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile, just because I think that's a funny car to see on a Hot Wheels card. In the 2006 line, I think I bought about six or seven that I liked the designs of. Stuff like Hot Tub, Bone Shaker (black/black chrome version), and a couple of others whose names escape me at the moment. But, I'll get a cool-looking Johnny Lightning car, or anything else that catches my eye. As a kid, I was more into Matchbox cars, anyway -- mainly because Hot Wheels didn't even come out until I was already seven!
    Some days, it just doesn't seem worth the effort of chewing through the restraints!

Hmm sounds like you guys have too many speculating collectors!!! Sucks, same thing happened with Baseball Cards and Comic books!! Too bad, but at least the commons are still there for the kids!! I mean all these years and Hot Wheels are still one of the cheapest toys out there!!
    "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic.
    My feedback

Re: Anyone want/need inside info on 2007 Hotwheel

Quote Originally Posted by E_CHU_TA
    and usually when the hot wheels guys creep to the star wars section its to buy figures to sell to us for more later on.
    As long they hit HW section first the next aisle over...that gives me a couple of crucial seconds to grab the SW figs first.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I rarely buy Hot Wheels, but like Dan said, I only buy the ones that are appealing to me. Not so much the concept cars or the weird designs, but regular model cars (Vipers, etc.). I did recently buy the flat-black Batmobile, however. Pretty cool car.

After Star Wars, I collect 1:18, 1:24, and to a lesser extent, Hot Wheels. I have a 1:18 of the original Batmobile, the Ecto 1, the Blues Mobile, and the DeLorean from BTTF II. I also have an original model DeLorean I'm very proud of. Good stuff.

I would love to collect the bigger size cars but I just don't have the space to display and it makes no sense to buy them just to stick them in a closet or a box.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog6374
    I would love to collect the bigger size cars but I just don't have the space to display and it makes no sense to buy them just to stick them in a closet or a box.
    A very good point, my friend. I need to sell some of mine that I don't display anymore. I have some displayed right now, but not nearly as many as I would like. When I get some more space, I'm hoping to have them in a display case.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog6374
    Myself I gave up on TH's long ago and pick up whatever catches my eye regardless of how many are hanging aka Pegwarmers or how rare it is.
    Wise words. I think a lot of SW collectors, including myself, should do the same with Star Wars figures!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast