Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

Thread: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON & LUCASFILM

  1. #1

    C4: Suggestions for GEN CON & LUCASFILM

    Having attended C2 & C3 for the entire convention, I'd like to see the "Free" book give away and the "Vintage Collection" that was at C2.

    C3 had George Lucas and it would be nice for him to "pop" in again for the fans that missed him.

    Stay Safe
    JT
    facebook.com/kswcc

    http://oswcc.com/

  2. #2

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to

    I think we need a lifesize Saga card with bubble so people can take pics in it again (like at C2) but this time, put a hook or something on it so you can hang accessories (if you costume you could hang your blaster or saber from it, or if not, you can be "Star Wars Fan w/ Action Shopping Bags").

    The C3 autograph lines and Pre-pay option were awesome.

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Bring back SW in 30 minutes and the one man star wars shows.

    Also, please make it easier to find the Fan Force/group tables.

    If you're playing all 6 movies, maybe make it so that they play twice a day, so that people can go see one whenever they have time for it - also play the clone wars cartoons inbetween 2 and 3...its necessary!

    I would like to see, weeks in advance, an itinerary of what is going on when, as well as a list of any exclusives that I may want to purchase at the con (since I'm coming from Ohio, space is limited in my luggage).

  3. #3

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Turok
    Having attended C2 & C3 for the entire convention, I'd like to see <snip> the "Vintage Collection" that was at C2.
    I can't see that happening again. That "vintage collection" was the actual collection of forum member ToddD known as "starwarsmuseum". Todd and Cloudcity had to pack up his entire collection and pack a truck with it. He lives in Florida so it was a pretty big journey to Indy. A journey to LA is a ridiculous trek with a truck full of toys, especially with some being so rare and valuable being jostled around. It was a great thing to see, especially for him since that was the first time he ever unpacked and displayed it all, but I think if you missed it you missed it. Maybe if C5 is in Florida.

    *EDIT* For what it's worth it was not just a vintage collection. Todd has a US Kenner/Hasbro collection consisting of every toy, and variation, ever made. (At least at that time)

    John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to be.

    Let's hope Gen Con can simply get the fan admission kinks worked out first for C4 before we ask them to do anything else.

  5. #5

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA

    I can't see that happening again. That "vintage collection" was the actual collection of forum member ToddD known as "starwarsmuseum". Todd and Cloudcity had to pack up his entire collection and pack a truck with it. He lives in Florida so it was a pretty big journey to Indy. A journey to LA is a ridiculous trek with a truck full of toys, especially with some being so rare and valuable being jostled around. It was a great thing to see, especially for him since that was the first time he ever unpacked and displayed it all, but I think if you missed it you missed it. Maybe if C5 is in Florida.

    *EDIT* For what it's worth it was not just a vintage collection. Todd has a US Kenner/Hasbro collection consisting of every toy, and variation, ever made. (At least at that time)
    John
    Well they can always ask steve sansweet

  6. #6

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker_1982


    Well they can always ask steve sansweet
    That would take years to pack, transport and set up.
    Dustin Roberts
    Content Manager
    TheForce.net - Your Daily Dose Of Star Wars
    Rebelscum.com - Star Wars Collecting News
    R2D2Central.com - Chicks Dig The Dome!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to be.

    Steve Sansweet is a Star Wars god.

  8. #8

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to be.

    I would like to see the line to get into the building move faster. I have not idea how to do that but the line at C2 and C3 took forever to get from opening time to the end of the line entering.

    The store being open 24/7 sounds good, the lines for that were insane and I never went last time.

    The autograph room worked perfectly, I hope they get some names that have not done the last two.
    David
    ~~I find your lack of faith disturbing~~

  9. #9

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Turok
    Having attended C2 & C3 for the entire convention, I'd like to see <snip> the "Vintage Collection" that was at C2.
    I can't see that happening again. That "vintage collection" was the actual collection of forum member ToddD known as "starwarsmuseum". Todd and Cloudcity had to pack up his entire collection and pack a truck with it. He lives in Florida so it was a pretty big journey to Indy. A journey to LA is a ridiculous trek with a truck full of toys, especially with some being so rare and valuable being jostled around. It was a great thing to see, especially for him since that was the first time he ever unpacked and displayed it all, but I think if you missed it you missed it. Maybe if C5 is in Florida.

    *EDIT* For what it's worth it was not just a vintage collection. Todd has a US Kenner/Hasbro collection consisting of every toy, and variation, ever made. (At least at that time)

    John
    Gotcha.

    I know Todd's collection was an unbelievable site to behold. All in one place.

    Well, maybe Sansweet or a collector (who lives closer) to the C4 event could display some of their collection. Something along the lines to tie in with 30 of Star Wars.

    Just a thought.

    Stay Safe
    JT
    facebook.com/kswcc

    http://oswcc.com/

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON or other powers to

    Regardless of who (if any) prominent collector displays their SW collection at C4, I'll be there with my Canon Rebel EOS XT Digital SLR camera and 4GB CompactFlash card to take a load of pics!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •