Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON & LUCASFILM

Re: C4: Suggestions for GEN CON & LUCASFILM

The store seems to have been looked at extensively for this years Celebration. It couldn't have been worse at CIII. I think the Sideshow Pre-order process is the way to go. It's too late now probably, but Hasbro and GenCon need to take a few cues from Sideshow about handling exclusives. ALSO, what about pre-registering for some of the bigger shows at the event? I know business conventions that do this regularly and not having to stand in line for the Opening Ceremonies or other big deal shows (like Lucas' appearance) would make the experience better.
    I see Carrie Fisher is going to GOUGE everyone to see her speak. What a joke... pay $140 to get the right to pay another $15 bucks to see one of the events. It just isn't right. Unless she's appearing in Star Wars Episode VII, I'm not paying $15 to see her talk for a few minutes.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

I realize that the convention is for the fans and attendees. But, I worked in the fan hall from an hour before opening until an hour after closing every day and found it down right impossible to get anything because of the line.

How about a deal that allows associates and staff to get at least one of the exclusive figures and such at the start.

GG, Sideshow, Hasbro, etc at one end of the building, vendors at the other end.

Single file line into the exhibit hall. People who waited in line for hours are applauded for their efforts.

30th Ann. of SW? Show ANH everyday 24hrs.

Show Clone Wars everyday.

Set up monitors throughout the convention so you can see other events going.

All children should get a free toy.

Pre-Order all exclusives.

A more active roll with the disabled.

Let the fans pick vote for C4 store items...bad, bad selection.

The clothing items in the store (shirts, jackets, hoodies, etc) should run on the large side and not the small side. Also, offer both adult and child sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarslady
    The clothing items in the store (shirts, jackets, hoodies, etc) should run on the large side and not the small side. Also, offer both adult and child sizes.
    I'm a pretty tall dude, so I usually don't buy a shirt unless it's at least 2XL. Take into account the shrinkage factor with 100% cotton and I try to buy 3XL. Enough of the mediums and larges!
    |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Order enough pins, get the patches in before the show starts, and don't think that just because you sold out of cold weather gear in the snow of Indianapolis that you need five times as much cold weather gear for the sun of L.A.

Oh, and more shirts in the bigger sizes. Why so many medium shirts and next to nothing above 2X? Fat guys love Star Wars, too. (We really do.)
    FenCon VIII - September 23-25, 2011 - Dallas, Texas
    http://www.fencon.org/

Quote Originally Posted by xopolos
    GG, Sideshow, Hasbro, etc at one end of the building, vendors at the other end.

Single file line into the exhibit hall. People who waited in line for hours are applauded for their efforts.

30th Ann. of SW? Show ANH everyday 24hrs.

Show Clone Wars everyday.

Set up monitors throughout the convention so you can see other events going.

All children should get a free toy.

Pre-Order all exclusives.

A more active roll with the disabled.

Let the fans pick vote for C4 store items...bad, bad selection.
    couldn't agree more. good points all around.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112