Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage customs thread

Vintage customs thread

I figured it might be good to do a central thread for vintage customs. Here are some links to some of the threads:

vintage customs

Custom Vintage ROTS Figures

ROTS Concepts

Rocket Fett

POTF Snow trooper

Cloud car repaint

My customs

MagillaFetts Maul

Vader

Mecannoman!!!!!!!!

There are some vintage highlights that I could find, I am sure I have missed some.. Perhaps we can use this thread to showcase vintage creations!!!
    Wanted: Boxed large size action figures - Kenner, Kenner Canada, Denys Fisher, Clipper, Mecanno, Toltoys, Takara, BASA, Palitoy, Lili Ledy, Toltoys ESB, preproduction, prototypes, box flats.

Re: Vintage customs thread

please sticky this!
    continuing the vintage dream......one custom at a time!

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-fanmade.html

Excellent page on vintage customs (Alex Newborn take a bow!!!)
    Wanted: Boxed large size action figures - Kenner, Kenner Canada, Denys Fisher, Clipper, Mecanno, Toltoys, Takara, BASA, Palitoy, Lili Ledy, Toltoys ESB, preproduction, prototypes, box flats.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...part=1#1879887

Not kenner based but certainly I would class it as what-if vintage customs!!!!

Oh could this be a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Bullock
    Bowing low.

Heck, I'd curtsy if you wanted me to. Those figures are more than likely all still in my collection. I very seldom strip an old custom for parts. Sometimes, but very rarely.

I should locate them all and take better pictures. As I recall, most of those pics were taken down in the basement of my old house. The basement had fluorescent lighting when I first moved in-- although eventually that all went kaput-- so it was the best place to photograph small items which required a lot of light.

I usually put the figures on top of the dryer with a white sheet for a backdrop, then I'd take pics with an old-fashioned camera, have them developed at the drugstore, and then a week later, I'd send the ones which were actually in focus to Gus to have him scan. No telling how many customs never got posted simply due to the pics not turning out.

Yes, I'd mail REAL photos via the USPS! How quaint.

P.S. Not sure how I missed the 'tale a bow' message last month. Sorry for the delay.

Alex
    "Hi, I'm Alex from Imperial Insurance."
    "Hey... don't you work for the Endor Express?"
    "I'm a man of many talents."
    -- The penultimate installment of Yak's Pub

My most recent vintage custom, didn't spot it among the links above:

Alex's Walrus Man

AN
    "Hi, I'm Alex from Imperial Insurance."
    "Hey... don't you work for the Endor Express?"
    "I'm a man of many talents."
    -- The penultimate installment of Yak's Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Bullock
    http://www.toysrgus.com/images-fanmade.html

In all honesty, Alex's custom Uncle Owen was one of my inspirations for beginning to customize at all. And as an homage, I pretty much stole his recipe to make my own.

So thanks, Alex, for years of customizing fun. Your's and Steve Radler's work on TRG is what started it all for me.

-----------edited to remove dead link--------------
    -Pat Pscherer
    Looking for vintage Luke X-Wing Pilot items!

Here's just a couple I've made over the years. Enjoy!

Imperial Stormtrooper (Tattoine Battle Gear)
    Stormtrooper torso
    Luke Stormtrooper arms and legs (these were the parts I had on hand. Stormtrooper limbs would have worked just fine)
    Hoth survival backpack
    POTF2 Sandtrooper Pauldron

Owen Lars
    Luke Skywalker body, arms, legs
    Luke X-Wing Pilot right hand
    General Madine head
    EP 1 Jedi robe (bleached to tan)

The pics are a little blurry because my camera is crapola but you get the idea. More to come!

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast