Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Vintage customs thread

I'm 1/16 Russian, so you can tell people that I said it was cool.

Bantha custom prototype.

Man! just saw another video with the Sexton Creations bantha and himself being interviewed on Retroblasting. That guy really thinks he’s done something special.This piece Sexton made is a copy of a custom not a prototype. the custom he copied was sculpted over top of a stripped Hasbro bantha....the horns ,the saddle .....modified Hasbro not Kenner, we had meetings and discussions, this idea that idea! It’s great that they may put a bantha out there for collectors that can’t sculpt......all the power to them. But drop the charade! I measured this it was so many heads I had to hold myself back and keep it Kenner. iT’S A COPY of a CUSTOM! This guy is something ....talented yes.....but truthful? For his sake as a person ....I hope he honestly doesn’t know.

Just my 2 cents.....5 cents if you’re Canadian.
    Last edited by darth_stranger; 09-17-2019 at 01:22 AM.
    continuing the vintage dream......one custom at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by darth_stranger View Post
    Man! just saw another video with the Sexton Creations bantha and himself being interviewed on Retroblasting. That guy really thinks he’s done something special.This piece Sexton made is a copy of a custom not a prototype. the custom he copied was sculpted over top of a stripped Hasbro bantha....the horns ,the saddle .....modified Hasbro not Kenner, we had meetings and discussions, this idea that idea! It’s great that they may put a bantha out there for collectors that can’t sculpt......all the power to them. But drop the charade! I measured this it was so many heads I had to hold myself back and keep it Kenner. iT’S A COPY of a CUSTOM! This guy is something ....talented yes.....but truthful? For his sake as a person ....I hope he honestly doesn’t know.

Just my 2 cents.....5 cents if you’re Canadian.
    Its based on your Bantha isn't it. You should contact them, the people must know! Well, I was thinking of getting in touch with Retro Blasting as they did an interview with the sculptor.

That Smithlord guy is planning on a load of other unreleased figures which might be cool. If only he hadn't done the Yak, Blue Snag and Stormtrooper Luke as that stuff is dodgy. Not sure on some of the mock ups. The Sandtrooper is the one that should be the easiest, but seems to be the hardest to get right. How would Kenner have done it in '78?

btw @ Twilly, awesome custom Fett.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_stranger View Post
    ...5 cents if you’re Canadian.
    Thank you for converting, us Canadians usually get left out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dantooine View Post
    btw @ Twilly, awesome custom Fett.
    Thank you very much!

‐-----

I think its pretty sad that professional vintage figure counterfeiters are now ripping off customs made by the community. I also really doubt that the retroblasting guy would even give a damn if someone pointed it out. SMH.

Im all for customs (obviously), and i think smith lord's new customs are pretty cool, but ultimately, he's a conman. By supporting his 'legitimate' customs, we're just giving him more money to improve his casting processes so he can rip off real vintage figures, packaging, and most importantly: vintage accessories more accurately. And that is his goal - he has not stopped, as the retroblasting guy has suggested in his most recent video. He is currently finishing up the test shots for a repro carded Uzay R2, and is widely regarded as the person producing the new repro leia blasters that are shockingly hard to tell apart from originals.

Anyway, i dont want to derail this thread with talk of repro... so ill shut up

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

A friend sent this to me today, made me smile:

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp_Head View Post
    A friend sent this to me today, made me smile:
    hose are AWESOME!!! I never knew I needed figures like that until now.
    T

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364