Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bust Ups & Mini Helmets Checklist

Re: Bust Ups & Mini Helmets Checklist

Looks like GG just took the licenses and threw it away. They must had found out there is no market for these. At least in this day and age. I would had loved McQ concept mini helmets.
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe R1 and Solo can.

Yeah what happened?! They're still using the Vader mold and why not releasing other characters?
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Looks like GG just took the licenses and threw it away. They must had found out there is no market for these. At least in this day and age. I would had loved McQ concept mini helmets.
    So these are both dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Imrahil2001
    So these are both dead?
    At this point it seems like it, but there is a Pre order for the Jango mini helmet. I think GG could had really made some cool stuff, but they are suffocating the poor line. Too bad EFX didn't want to bother with it.
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe R1 and Solo can.

I don't have any of them--the only bust-up I have is the Vader in flames one--I was just curious since I like to see what's coming out and I Haven't seen any news on these in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrahil2001
    So these are both dead?

I've continued the bust up line for GG with my customs if anyone is interested
    Feedback
    Gentle Giant Busts/Statues/Dioramas and Maquettes for Sale!
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083079/
    "Cardplayer. Scoundrel. You'll like him."

This is one that I have never seen in the bust up line.

Cantina Band Chrome instruments.

Let's dust off this old thread! Bandai has released 3 waves of mini helmets - two featuring classic and prequel trilogy helmets, one featuring The Force Awakens. What does everyone think of these? Any buzz out there on what Bandai will release for future waves?
    LOOKING FOR:

Bosski's Feedback

Too small to incorporate all needed details, less appealing to the educated eye, thus an inferior collectible in my view. Don't get me wrong, I like most of what Bandai makes, but the scale of the mini helmets you are referring to, being so small, pales in comparison to those .45 scale helmets Riddell first produced, same helmet line that later on Master Replicas beautifully continued, but was quickly abandoned by Gentle Giant after getting the reins of the line. Riddell's original scale is what most collectors dream of seeing again produced, and I'm sure that if fairly priced and marketed they would be big sellers. They were a perfect space saving collectible that offered superb details inside and out, to such degree, that even those folks collecting 1:1 scale helmets could appreciate.

Here is a visual comparison of their respective take on the Stormtrooper helmet, showing what each helmet has to offer ...

Last edited by LightSword; 06-21-2016 at 08:47 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

1/6 scale is too small for details and most of them are inaccurate. GG Stormie mini-bust, HT figure and Marmit are the best. I'm using an old Marmit Sandtrooper lid on a Tomy mini-helmet stand for display next to the GG Dewback.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast