Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the MR SBU Part 2

Re: Ask the MR SBU Part 2

Is the Qui-Gon CE saber going to be on display at ToyFair next week?
    I was but the learner,now I am the master!
    I find your lack of faith disturbing!
    gotta love ya some twileks!

What will the CE Stormtrooper helmets be made of?

Will these me made of resin like the sabers or will we be seeing vacuformed ABS/Styrene, or perhaps something else?

Hello Bryan! I don't know if this has been asked before, but will the old Anakin AOTC, Darth Vader ANH, or Luke ESB FX lightsabers be rereleased in the future?

If possible, I would still like an answer... or at least an acknowledgement I've said something...

Posted2/9 here :

Quote Originally Posted by Gytheran
    Why? Becuase it seems as though my question has been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by jango22

I have a question - I have a special ops helmet and the small blue line markings under the cheec section on my helmet seem to be decals and not painted on - another scummer has checked theirs and they say that on their one they are painted on - if this is the case - what is the deal ?.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSWBryan

Hi Jango22

You are correct, yours probably has decals. During production, QC was having a little problem with the painted stripes. The number of rejects was very high because of what is called overspray. This can happen because the factory uses a "spray mask" to paint the stripes. Since each of the helmets is Hand-Laid fiberglass, the surface of each helmet may not always be exactly the same, thus causing very small gaps between the spray mask and the surface of the helmet. So, when it is sprayed, paint gets into these gaps and can produces a slightly "fuzzy line" So at some time during production, they switched to decals which gave cleaner lines more consistently.

I hope that answers your question! Please let me know if you need more detail.

1/28

Hi Jango22

You are correct, yours probably has decals. During production, QC was having a little problem with the painted stripes. The number of rejects was very high because of what is called overspray. This can happen because the factory uses a "spray mask" to paint the stripes. Since each of the helmets is Hand-Laid fiberglass, the surface of each helmet may not always be exactly the same, thus causing very small gaps between the spray mask and the surface of the helmet. So, when it is sprayed, paint gets into these gaps and can produces a slightly "fuzzy line" So at some time during production, they switched to decals which gave cleaner lines more consistently.

I would really like to know at what point the process was changed, if that is even possible. I'm just curious to know how many Spec-Ops helmets out there are hand-painted versus not.

... no reply ...

1/31

To reiterate my earlier question, I would love to hear more details regarding the change from painted to decal stripes on the Spec-Ops clone helmets. How many were painted versus not.

Thanks,

Joe

... no reply ...

2/5

Hi Jango22

I would like more detail, please. What is the ratio of decal to hand-painted helmets?

... no reply ...

2/8
    I give up...

If possible, I would still like an answer... or at least an acknowledgement I've said something...

He's giving you the silence treatment!

Guys...they might be at Toy Fair.
    RIP - Master Replicas 2002-2007

Not for 2 weeks. lol

hey Bryan ,

1. will the Stormtrooper helmet have the flat green lenses or bubble lenses ? or will both be offered ?

2. MR seems to be putting out 2 helmets per year - is it safe to say that we will not see a Episode 2 AOTC clone trooper helmet until 2008 or beyond ?

since in 2007 we will probably see Tie Pilot and X-Wing Pilot helmets for the 30th

is there any plan to release the AOTC trooper helmet ? or a possible year mentioned ?

thanks

The ships all yours.
    If the scanners pick up anything report it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by TK427
    hey Bryan ,

2. MR seems to be putting out 2 helmets per year

Now that is what I call a low edition size!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the "forum" silence, but I have been really busy with Toy Fair and other issues!

TK427; We are currently developing 3 editions of the Storm Trooper Helmet: CE, LE and EE. It is important to note that just because we are developing all 3, this does not mean that we will ultimately release all 3. However, when they are made available, the editions will be identified so that you can make the decision of which one you would like to purchase: Here are the 3 (currently) editions and a brief description:

CE: Vacuum formed in 4 pieces: Face Mask, Dome and 2 ears. The geometry of the helmet will be symmetrical as it was intended to be. The lense will be a flat lense.
    LE: This will be vacuum formed in 4 pieces: Face Mask, Dome and 2 ears. The material will be more premium than the the CE version. The geometry will be "wonky" exactly as seen on screen. The lense will be the bubble lense. The inside will be padded.
    EE: This will be made in 4 pieces, as well However, this will made of hand laid fiberglass. The gemoetry will be symmtrical. The lense will be the bubble lense. The inside will have premium padding.

We have not finalized our product plan for 2007 yet, so future helmets are still in discussion. . .
    Any products or specifications discussed by this Master Replicas employee are subject to change without notice

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast