Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Artwork by Osborne

Original Artwork by Osborne

The artwork message board is a nice addition to the forums. I have occassionally posted my Star Wars illustrations here (over at the Customizers board), so it's nice to have an appropriate home for showing off such work.

Below I've posted a recent Darth Maul illustration. Please feel free to visit my SW artwork page to see more at: http://www.absolutetyrant.com/StarWarsArt.htm

Thank you for your comments and Enjoy!

Re: Original Artwork by Osborne

A favorite Google search image: Commander Gree!

Great stuff man, great stuff. I've had a question that you might know the answer to...your obviously a professional (Illustrator?) commercial artist, and your selling your work that is based on the Lucus Arts license. Not only do they look exactly like the characters in the movie but you also use there names. At what point would you have to pay out for the license?

Wicked ******! Is that magic marker? What is the image on, paper, canvas? What are the real dementions on them?

Post more.

I think that Lucas and Company has elected to allow some limited use of Star Wars images, wether that be a customized action figure or drawing, without lincensing fees. Clearly, I would never suggest churning out reproductions or prints of SW characters. But if you look on Ebay, there are piles of SW stuff being bought and sold that could get the dander of Lucas Arts up, if they chose to.

In this case, it's just original fan art done for a love of Star Wars.

Very nice. What's your recipe? (drawing tools, digital refining, ect.)

I've seen some of your work before. You're an awesome drawer!

Excellent work Tyrant.

Keep them coming.

Here's the recipe for these illustrations:

The artwork is done on 8.5" x 11" Bristol board, pretty much heavy cardstock, and the art area is about 6" x 8.5" (So there is a nice white border around the artwork.)

Over the pencils, a Micron pen, size 08, is used to do the line art. I then add color using Prismacolor artist markers. I then go over the marker with Prismacolor pencils.

That's it. Any questions?

yeah, are you doing a chewbacca soon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast