Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

Thread: The "Official" Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    I am after a loose one in an AFA case. A carded one is crazy expensive!

How much do you think the ones I just posted are worth? Considering making an offer.

I really have no idea. The prices on anything carded is out of control in my opinion. I believe that in time these bubbles will either fall off or dissolve away. Carded collecting is such a fragile game. All of the things we like to collect are only worth what someone will pay. These are toys not gold.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

I really have no idea. The prices on anything carded is out of control in my opinion. I believe that in time these bubbles will either fall off or dissolve away. Carded collecting is such a fragile game. All of the things we like to collect are only worth what someone will pay. These are toys not gold.

Well put and something to consider for sure.

I am very curious as to why there are so many AFA 85 vinyl cape jawa's on eBay at almost any given time? Something just doesn't seem right. Didn't kids play with these figures? I am in the market to finally buy one but I think I would rather have one that is a lower grade that actually looks played with. My untrusting mind tells me that possibly people have finally cracked the code into making a complete fake of a cape. AFA just seems to be getting a lot of 85's lately. Maybe I am way off base?
    Last edited by Rock; 01-19-2019 at 06:43 AM.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

I am very curious as to why there are so many AFA 85 vinyl cape jawa's on eBay at almost any given time? Something just doesn't seem right. Didn't kids play with these figures? I am in the market to finally buy one but I think I would rather have one that is a lower grade that actually looks played with. My untrusting mind tells me that possibly people have finally cracked the code into making a complete fake of a cape. AFA just seems to be getting a lot of 85's lately. Maybe I am way off base?
    Might be the sellers are pricing themselves out so they just stick around and accumulate as they continue to wait for another overly motivated buyer.

Which of these is the VC Jawa?

As a kid I had several Jawas. One of which had the Vinyl Cape. As I played with these Jawas, I removed the cloaks and cape and put them back on a number of times. So I have lost track of which of these Jawas was the orignal VC and which were ones I came with the cloth cloaks. I know that we are supposed to be able to tell looking at the eyes and the bandolier, but I'm having a hard time nailing down which one he might be. So after years of wondering, I figured I'd put their pic up here and see if we can figure it out.

and back

Last edited by Cyclone; 06-06-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    As a kid I had several Jawas. One of which had the Vinyl Cape. As I played with these Jawas, I removed the cloaks and cape and put them back on a number of times. So I have lost track of which of these Jawas was the orignal VC and which were ones I came with the cloth cloaks. I know that we are supposed to be able to tell looking at the eyes and the bandolier, but I'm having a hard time nailing down which one he might be. So after years of wondering, I figured I'd put their pic up here and see if we can figure it out.

and back
    The second from the left and the one on the far right are the figures that are usually combined with the vinyl cape.

Thank you. That would be funny if I had two VC jawas without capes. Double my torment.

While my parents bought me my first jawa (The VC), the other jawas I likely acquired by trading with neighborhood kids or may have received as a duplicate gift later. I always wanted to army build Jawas and Stormtroopers as a kid. Other kids would gladly trade for hotwheels or other stuff. It would be funny if I got a VC Jawa from one of them without its cape and then picked up another cape somewhere down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    The second from the left and the one on the far right are the figures that are usually combined with the vinyl cape.
    Is it the detail in the bandolier? I sort of remember reading something about that a long time ago

I had been going by details listed in this page.

http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/vcjawa.htm

I was focusing on the Bandolier and the Jawa Eyes. But with two of them looking just like each other, I was confused. I was hoping that one Jawa would stand out from the other three. Instead I have two pairs of look-a-likes.

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast