Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

Just so you all know the Forum Rules clearly state :

No auctioning is permitted. That means you cannot make a post stating that you will take offers and sell the item to the highest bidder.

Any classifieds that do not list prices for items will be shut down and removed.

I know this has not been enforced in here very well but it is going to be as of now.

I appreciate your cooperation on this matter.
    Dustin Roberts
    Content Manager
    TheForce.net - Your Daily Dose Of Star Wars
    Rebelscum.com - Star Wars Collecting News
    R2D2Central.com - Chicks Dig The Dome!

re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

can i ask what are the reasons for this rule?

Cuz nobody likes to play guessing games...and that's what eBay is for. Everybody has a price in mind what they want for an item, but to start (I hate to use this word) "scalping" is not what this site is about. You begin to start getting onto people's bad sides by playing this sort of game. State the price. If you don't get what you want...ebay is the place for you! This site is to help fellow collectors out..not screw them. Hope this helps!

Shawn
    my trade feedback
    BIG PURPLE CABLE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_Byrne
    Cuz nobody likes to play guessing games...and that's what eBay is for. Everybody has a price in mind what they want for an item, but to start (I hate to use this word) "scalping" is not what this site is about. You begin to start getting onto people's bad sides by playing this sort of game. State the price. If you don't get what you want...ebay is the place for you! This site is to help fellow collectors out..not screw them. Hope this helps!

Shawn
    No this has nothing to do with scalping. Scalping has nothing to do with price only, but rather price and aquisition.

You can't scalp vintage product.

The rule is in place because this is not an online auction house. If you want to take high bids, listit on ebay.
    Dustin Roberts
    Content Manager
    TheForce.net - Your Daily Dose Of Star Wars
    Rebelscum.com - Star Wars Collecting News
    R2D2Central.com - Chicks Dig The Dome!

Dustin,

ya, you're right on the "scalping" word. I couldn't think of a better word to use at the time. That's why I hated to use it, but the jist of the idea I hope came through!

Thanks
    Shawn
    my trade feedback
    BIG PURPLE CABLE EATER!

Where do we list the auctions for our vintage stuff on Rebelscum? I have a bunch of stuff I want to auction off thru here.

JJ

PS - Just kidding Dustin.
    "He's No good to Me Dead"
    Trade/Sale/Wants List

Dustin,

Is Philip aware of this policy change? The last I heard, allowing exception from the "no auction" rule for vintage items had his blessing. Thanks,

Brian

Yes, and please let us know what to do if our thread(s) have been affected by this change. One of mine has been "moved" and now I can't even access it it?

Dustin, I think people should try to place a price they'd like to get when they list something here, but I do think this represents a change in policy. In my mind, there's a difference between taking offers and running a de facto auction. I'm almost certain there used to be a longer description for the vintage marketplace that specifically allowed the solicitation of offers for an item based on the difficulty of establishing a market price for some items.

I can't think of a time I've ever put something out for offers here, so this doesn't really affect me. If this reflects a change in policy it should be stated as such, though.

Todd
    Todd Chamberlain (todd@toychamber.com - e-mail preferred over private messages)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive (www.theswca.com)
    Collecting vintage Star Wars action figure items, Lili Ledy, vintage store displays, clothing, bedding, food-related promo items, and much more!

Dustin, how about the "or best offer" option? Is that available, or do we have to stick with hard dollar amounts? The straight auction, which I have seen in the past, should definitely be against the rules but I think listing a price and letting others offer more is a legit way to sell, or at least it should be in the vintage section.
    "This post does not seem to be relevant to reality therefore I am closing it." - Mike Mensinger

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast