Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

Selling items:

On Rebelscum: Pick a price and offer your item at that price.

On eBay: Auctioning.

I don't offer any basis for this rule other than that's the way I want it.
    Philip Wise
    Webmaster - Rebelscum.com
    Webmaster - TheForce.net
    Play nice!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    READ THIS NOW.

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Philip_Wise
    Selling items:

On Rebelscum: Pick a price and offer your item at that price.

On eBay: Auctioning.

I don't offer any basis for this rule other than that's the way I want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip_Wise
    "The forum can be used to say what price somebody wants for an item. That is all."
    How's the view up there on those high horses? You sure are an arrogant pair of rude ********. I don't care whose site this is; there's no excuse for your smug bullshˇt.

Quote Originally Posted by Krull
    I don't care whose site this is; there's no excuse for your smug bullshˇt.
    Amen.

Curiously, why was the rule changed? We used to be able to do "make offer" sales in the vintage classifieds. Again, this was due to the rarity and obscurity of many pieces. Why was this changed?

John

About 12 months ago I distinctly remember reading the rules on selling in the vintage and there was definitely a comment in there to the tune of: that offers were allowed in the vintage section as many items were one of a kinds and a price could not sensibly fixed so offers were acceptable. To this end the rules have been changed – at what point I don’t know and more importantly why?

I have been relatively active on the classifieds and have been quite happy to make offers even on common production stuff. Never I have found a seller trying to play me off against another RS users offer or felt, in anyway that I have been part of an auction. My offers have been accepted or rejected.

Not allowing offers is nonsense, I would find it impossible to sensibly price most items that I would consider putting up for offer and would start a “how much is this worth as I don’t know much about it but am thinking of selling it ” pseudo classifieds thread in the main vintage section and wait for the PM offers to come in or put a massive starting price and wait (hope) that people made lower offers.

The point being that even if the site policy has changed offers for items will go on regardless or stuff will not be offered on RS first and go straight to ebay / other sites – which would be a shame.

Unless something has gone on that I'm not aware of (I'm sure a thread would have been started if somebody had been burnt or grossly profiteered from an offers/auction classifieds in the vinatge section) then I absolutely fail to understand the reason for this change in policy.

To be honest how could anyone (other than the seller) know if they are competing against someone auction style; I don't think you could (not all of the time anyway.)

Seecondly everyone has a price on an item. If I offer $x for an item and it is refused there is a reason; it is valued by the seller at more therefore they have a price in mind.

If a seller is unsure about their item then use ebay to sell it. Alternatively price it high here and no response probably means too high a price or lack of interest. If you sell at the high asking price then congratulations!

Make me an offer is essentially equivalent to eBay. Long may naming a price remain.
    My Feedback
    Looking to acquire vintage hardcopy parts.

Hi there,

IMO auctioning is not the same as "taking offers"

An auction is limited to a time and at the end the higherst bidder wins,

Taking offers is more like negotiating...the seller has a price in mind and would like an offer close to his limit (or even a partial trade...)

Cheers,

Martijn
    www.starswar.eu
    Yeah,you can definetly tell they are polish.No one else would ruin star wars figures with those colors.
    My collection on Instagram http://instagram.com/model_trem

Ah... just skirt the rules. List your price at $1,000,000 and say resonable offers considered. It's all about playing the game.
    Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    President - http://www.pswcs.com
    Executive Editor - http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    Artist & Writer - http://c7yb.com

I like what Cable said. I don't like what Philip said.

How do you put a price on a FS Vader item?

From now on, $1 mil OBO.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philraymond

How do you put a price on a FS Vader item?

You don't; you donate it to my collection...

Maybe what you paid plus a bit more for inflation?
    My Feedback
    Looking to acquire vintage hardcopy parts.

I'm not selling a FS Vader (although I am taking donations); it was just an example of an extremely rare item that is very difficult to put a price on.

A lot of RS'ers, including myself, don't like to use ebay for these kind of items. I would want a fellow collector to acquire it - not an ebay scalper. RS is also a better way to reach to vintage community.

But I do understand the explanation of RS; it makes perfect sense - they won't give one.

Phil

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast