Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 113

Thread: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

  1. #11

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Its_A_Trap
    Yes, and please let us know what to do if our thread(s) have been affected by this change. One of mine has been "moved" and now I can't even access it it?
    Start a new one.
    Dustin Roberts
    Content Manager
    TheForce.net - Your Daily Dose Of Star Wars
    Rebelscum.com - Star Wars Collecting News
    R2D2Central.com - Chicks Dig The Dome!

  2. #12

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianM
    Dustin,

    Is Philip aware of this policy change? The last I heard, allowing exception from the "no auction" rule for vintage items had his blessing. Thanks,

    Brian
    From my understanding there has been no policy change. I was pointed to what I quoted above by Philip and I have emailed him about this issue, hopefully he will chime in!
    Dustin Roberts
    Content Manager
    TheForce.net - Your Daily Dose Of Star Wars
    Rebelscum.com - Star Wars Collecting News
    R2D2Central.com - Chicks Dig The Dome!

  3. #13

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    ok guys here is the final word from Philip -

    "The forum can be used to say what price somebody wants for an item. That is all."
    Dustin Roberts
    Content Manager
    TheForce.net - Your Daily Dose Of Star Wars
    Rebelscum.com - Star Wars Collecting News
    R2D2Central.com - Chicks Dig The Dome!

  4. #14

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    Does this rule apply to modern too?
    My Feedback
    Looking to acquire vintage hardcopy parts.

  5. #15

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawa100
    Does this rule apply to modern too?
    yes.
    Dustin Roberts
    Content Manager
    TheForce.net - Your Daily Dose Of Star Wars
    Rebelscum.com - Star Wars Collecting News
    R2D2Central.com - Chicks Dig The Dome!

  6. #16

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawa100
    Does this rule apply to modern too?
    yes.
    no offense, but i think a warning post to the threads without prices before shutting down the thread would have been good since "taking best offers" threads were allowed in the past. just my humble opinion.
    Yam Solo aka amlim

  7. #17

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    Well, I will say this *IS* a policy change. We went through this before a year or two ago. It was decided at that time that vintage should be different mostly because of the reason Todd stated: that some vintage items are very difficult to price, so taking best offers makes sense. It was also my recollection that the "no auctions" rule was to stop scalping, so another reason for the difference in vintage is that it can't be scalped, so why have the rule?

    I just have no concept of any negative effects of allowing "best offer" posts. That was my frustration then and again now with this policy change. What does it hurt anyone if there are best offer posts?

    Dustin I would really like to hear the RS owners answer to this question. You say "RS is not an auction site". Um... ok? Why not? Why can't it be? Is there a good reason that auctions couldn't be run in the forums just like the thousands of times that happened on Usenet in days past? It didn't hurt the community then, it won't now. Is there some kind of legal issue here that we don't know about? Or some other reason?

    Cj
    WTB: Palitoy ESB Han Hoth, PBP Han Hoth (ESB & ROTJ)
    WTS: Rocket Firing Fett Missile. L and J slot available

    Vintage Toy Archive: http://www.12back.com

  8. #18

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    Oh yeah, I remember them going on all the time on Usenet. Would be the same thing here.

    -Troy
    Troy Lindsay
    OSWCC Member http://www.oswcc.com Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t938032/
    Current focus on vintage MOC. 99% there!! Looking for: 21-back [or ESB] Boba Fett & 12-back Luke

  9. #19

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    So, no answers to the questions I asked? I thought they were reasonable questions that deserved some kind of response.

    Cj
    WTB: Palitoy ESB Han Hoth, PBP Han Hoth (ESB & ROTJ)
    WTS: Rocket Firing Fett Missile. L and J slot available

    Vintage Toy Archive: http://www.12back.com

  10. #20

    re: ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

    Chirp, Chirp. Anyone here?

    Cj
    WTB: Palitoy ESB Han Hoth, PBP Han Hoth (ESB & ROTJ)
    WTS: Rocket Firing Fett Missile. L and J slot available

    Vintage Toy Archive: http://www.12back.com

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •