Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sim Aloo (Imp. Dignitary)

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    TBH, I forgot about Sol during sdcc but a site whom I forget atm, reported Hasbro coyld reveal more at next 2 cons there attending w/ in next month. One in Mexico and one in Canada. For the solo basic line, Hasbro did not show off the 3 recent 2 packs or the at-dt yet is was on display. So maybe by end of August we'll know alot more.
    yakface seems to have revealed the last 6 for 2019. And they are repacks.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    yakface seems to have revealed the last 6 for 2019. And they are repacks.
    but there could be more for the fall plus there were a few TBAs listed as retail/con exclusives so there's that as well. I think the 6 you're referring to may be the ones filling out the basic waves until july '19
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 07-25-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Finally, some discussion about Sim Aloo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzExeHk-Ub8

At the 7:48 mark - thanks to Victoria for bringing it up. So its clear they know the demand exists, "a lot of requests", "certainly has a place in this line (TVC)" - then he goes on to discuss that he'd need a couple of additions...maybe a multipack is planned? So it sounds like a basic TVC carded figure is unlikely, but an exclusive multipack would work. I'd happily buy it with the Emperor, other dignitaries, etc. As suggested previously, a Death Star themed playset would be amazing. Basically shrinking the 6 inch Emperor w/ throne, Sim Aloo, and a repack / repaint or two to balance out the pricing.

A new emperor and a royal guard would be perfect. I doubt that hasbro would risk 3 old dudes in a pack. Have to have that trooper to spice it up.
    Last edited by indysolo007; 07-21-2019 at 09:38 PM.

edit...didn't see darth Sidious already provided the same link/info. The Emperor may be ok by himself, so Sim and a royal guard and another imp dig or officer packaged like the current skiff guard 3 pack would be nice. Now if Emperor's throne would be included then Emperor, throne amd sim would be reasonable as well. Or better yet, a throne room playset like the jabba palace set would be even better.
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 07-21-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    Or better yet, a throne room playset like the jabba palace set would be even better.
    I think you nailed it - this is what I interpreted that statement as being. I think we'll be seeing a Throne Room scene not unlike Jabba's Palace set with Sim Aloo and the Emperor on TVC cards.

That would be ideal, but we need to keep making noise, so they know we want it, though I'm not sure how much louder we can be, considering we rallied thousands of votes for the Emperor and Sim Aloo in the last Fans Choice Poll. We've also been requesting both of them for countless years. Many collectors might feel a bit disheartened because the wait has been so long - but we can look to Yakface as a sign of hope, as the wait for that figure was well worth it, and its the best TVC figure since the revival.
    Last edited by darth_sidious; 07-22-2019 at 05:57 PM.

I wouldn't mind that, then I can just sell Sim! I would hope that the throne room is a little bit more than what Jabba's was though. We need the throne, flight of stairs, 2 columns on the right and left, and of course the window looking out into space.

Though I also want Tarkin and Co. with the conference table. lol
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I like the idea of a Throne Room Adventure set. They could always make two sets, one with the Emperor and throne and Sim Aloo. Then the other would have Luke and Vader plus more of the throne room. I know, the Luke/vader pack wouldn't be great as figures go, but it seems like Hasbro would go that route especially since Luke and Vader had a duel in the throne room.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Agen_Kolar View Post
    I think you nailed it - this is what I interpreted that statement as being. I think we'll be seeing a Throne Room scene not unlike Jabba's Palace set with Sim Aloo and the Emperor on TVC cards.
    Jeez, what I wouldn't give for that! I'd be THRILLED for simple a TVC Sim Aloo; but stick him with the Emperor and a Throne Room playset!? I might as well launch my money from a cannon.
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumpth? I think you overestimate their chances!"

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast