Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yuzzum Before SE?

Re: Yuzzum Before SE?

I don't care what anyone says...that's a muppet! And hey JT, see if I ever invite you to lunch, buddy! [IMG]images/icons/grin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]images/icons/tongue.gif[/IMG]
    Why you slimy, doublecrossin', no-good swindler....
    www.jedidefender.com

Re: Yuzzum Before SE?

Heh, I can't even remember the last time I was awake during lunch. [IMG]images/icons/wink.gif[/IMG]
    I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!

When I was a child in the 1980s I had a Return of the Jedi coloring book which included a page of a Yuzzum standing alone and I was so confused about where he appeared in the film. When he popped up years later in the Special Edition as a CGI character I was even more perplexed.

Is this the one you are talking about?

Never knew that Yuzzum existed prior to the SE. I always thought that it was a new design.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Yes, that is it! Apparently they were designed for the 1983 ROTJ meant to be another creature found on Endor but proved too difficult or costly to design in quantity and the one Yuzzum they made was slipped into the background at Jabba's Palace (I haven't found it in the original yet despite a previous poster saying what scene the Yuzzum is in the background). They used CGI to bring a Yuzzum to the foreground for the SE. Thank you for posting that image, I haven't seen it in years!
    Last edited by ZevSenesca; 01-17-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Yeah, I've never seen him either, but then again I wasn't really looking. I did find this BTS image though:

Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

And just now found this:

Feedback thread

Wow, great finds! Looks pretty stationary from those pics. I wonder if it had any movement capabilities.

So funny how a stationary puppet can look so much more lifelike when compared to that awful CGI rubbish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast