Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ROTJ 79 back question...

ROTJ 79 back question...

This kind of goes with my "ESB cardback" thread I posted a couple of days ago. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there some character's that are difficult to find on 79 backs??? Im talking about U.S abd Canadian releases.

The reason I ask is that out of my collection of ROTJ's, I only have 3 79 backs. I was just wondering if this was a coincidence or are they hard to come by.

thanks,
    Chris
    Chris Elliott
    Chakaman@cox.net
    Looking for Return of the Jedi proof cards and proof sheets.

Re: ROTJ 79 back question...

Slap me silly if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that there are any 79 back Canadian cards. I think even the rebo band's a 77, but my memory is fuzzy.

LUMAT and Paploo are both mexican 77's.

*edit changed romba to Lumat as the crack just wore off [IMG]images/icons/wink.gif[/IMG]

-Mike
    www.womprat.com

[ 12-10-2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: CanadianCollector ]
    ===================================
    Figure & Vehicle of the Week Master List

Originally posted by CanadianCollector:
    Slap me silly if I'm wrong...(blah blah blah)....Romba and Paploo are both mexican 77's.

-Mike
    <font size="2" face="arial">Can I slap you silly for saying "Romba and Paploo" instead of "Lumat and Paploo"? [IMG]images/icons/grin.gif[/IMG]

Chris, 79s are quite difficult to come by, particularly for characters that are not from that second ROTJ series. I have yet to see a NN on a 79 back card, and he's a fart-common Jedi character.

Thats what I was thinking John. Besides Lumat and Paploo(which are given), the only 79's I have are Boba Fett, Greedo and AT-AT Drvier.

I never really thought about the ROTJ cardback's until I was doing a Excel file of my collection.

Chris
    Chris Elliott
    Chakaman@cox.net
    Looking for Return of the Jedi proof cards and proof sheets.

I have the 79 back's 8d8 and the han in trench coat if interested.Both are UNP and atleast a c8.5.

jim
    Member of the 63rd "Thick and Thin" club.

I only have 3 in my collection so far ;

Han Trench, Leia Boushh & Lumat.

I'm sure there was a thread a while back about 'rare' ROTJ cards, but nothing with an actual list of 79bks.
    WTB - Vintage Instruction sheets & Stormtrooper cardbacks.

In my book, I show only 43 79-Backs that I'm aware of. I'm sure there are more out there but I doubt that all the first 79 characters were produced on 79-Back cards.

The 79-Backs are the most difficust of the ROTJ cards.

John

I also only have 3 - 79 backs. Darth Vader, AT-ST Driver and a Gamorrean Guard.

[ 12-10-2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: RussG ]

I have a gamm guard (pristine condition btw), prune face and a Teebo on 79-back.

-Jeff
    "What is most satisfying about Revenge of the Sith is that it finally delivers us back to the beginning, to the Star Wars we loved; to the Star Wars we still remember after all these years."

I have a Boba Fett and a Greedo.

Brad
    WANTED: ROTJ 65 back Toltoys MOCs with the Aussie Nien Nunb offer - will pay very well!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast