Thread: Do KENNER Sculpters of the 80's still Sculpt today ?

Do KENNER Sculpters of the 80\'s still Sculpt today ?

Hi.
    I was wondering if the KENNER Sculpters that bought us the Starwars figures back in the late 70's and 80's still sculpt today ? Just out of curiosity [IMG]images/icons/smile.gif[/IMG]

Thanks in advance. Ricky UK

Re: Do KENNER Sculpters of the 80\'s still Sculpt today ?

Rick

Granted I am no expert on the matter, but I have interviewed some sculptors who did work on the vintage line. Two to be exact. I am still working on getting these completed, but anyhoo, both of them are still sculpting for various action figure lines. I would imagine that some of the younger sculptors who sculpted for the vintage are still sculpting to this day.

Really good question! If I may add my own that would be great. Does anybody on this forum know if Kenner tended to employ freelance sculptors, or did they employ sculptors who sculpted for them exclusively? The two sculptors who I have talked with were freelance, but I wasn't doing the article regarding Star Wars, so I did not ask. Maybe I should contact one of them again. ;^)
    Go Green
    Go White
    Looking for Droids and Ewoks prototypes and proofs.

Originally posted by Mike Adams:
    The two sculptors who I have talked with were freelance, but I wasn't doing the article regarding Star Wars, so I did not ask. Maybe I should contact one of them again. ;^)
    <font size="2" face="arial">Mike,

What was/is the article for if not SW?

Also, since you are a SW fan why didn't it occur to you to ask some SW questions? LOL I'd love to hear what a sculptor had to say and any old pics he had laying around, or stories to share, would make the article well worth the read. [IMG]images/icons/smile.gif[/IMG]

John
    and time will be, the catalyst to weed out the weak and beget strength-of character
    -Shai Hulud
    http://theswca.com/
    southside_201 at yahoo dot com My PMs are full so please don't use.

Mike Adams wrote:
    Does anybody on this forum know if Kenner tended to employ freelance sculptors, or did they employ sculptors who sculpted for them exclusively?
    <font size="2" face="arial">Kenner definitely employed in-house sculptors and also freelanced work out for some projects.

-Mike
    Buying vintage prototypes, snowtrooper rarities, & Kenner employee memorabilia

John

I also collect Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Okay, everybody laugh now! Anyway, the interviews were with the two sculptors who did the most work on the line. I went into the interview thinking about TMNT, and they mentioned in passing that they both had done some work on the original Star Wars line. I was too focused on the TMNT stuff to ask about SW, and they both knew that the interview would center around TMNT.

Neither sounded as though they did tons and tons of sculpting for Kenner. I am still in contact with one, and maybe it is time to inquire more deeply into what exactly he did for Kenner.

If anyone would like to chat my AIM ID is: MichTrmbn
    Go Green
    Go White
    Looking for Droids and Ewoks prototypes and proofs.

conact

Hello..can u contact me with a message?i looking infos for a toyline from early 90s and hopefully ur guy might worked on it..thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Adams View Post
    John

I also collect Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Okay, everybody laugh now! Anyway, the interviews were with the two sculptors who did the most work on the line. I went into the interview thinking about TMNT, and they mentioned in passing that they both had done some work on the original Star Wars line. I was too focused on the TMNT stuff to ask about SW, and they both knew that the interview would center around TMNT.

Neither sounded as though they did tons and tons of sculpting for Kenner. I am still in contact with one, and maybe it is time to inquire more deeply into what exactly he did for Kenner.

If anyone would like to chat my AIM ID is: MichTrmbn

this thread is 15 years old dude
    a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

AIM doesn't even exist anymore which makes it even more funny

Think there is a story I have! I was in Chicago this year (Star Wars Celebration 2019) and found something for my collection! I can send you pics from Hem Dazon vintage style. And I need your help too! Are you that guy, who had made the Advozse Bom Vindim vintage style? I have one figure from you and like to get in contact. I have a lot parts to share. Need help and contact! You can find me at Facebook. search for Kai Dasbach !!! Please!