Thread: CUSTOM TX-225 GAVr IMPERIAL ASSAULT HOVERTANK

CUSTOM TX-225 GAVr IMPERIAL ASSAULT HOVERTANK

A custom using the VC Imperial Assault Tank from Rogue One. The original intention for the film was for this vehicle to be a hovertank with a repulsorlift propulsion system. The Rogue One guide even has a separate designation for it as TX-225 GAVr (TX-225 GAVw is the track version).

For my hovertank I removed the track assemblies & wheels, then added some plumbing pipe supports (cut & painted). I spent a good amount of time trying to find something to use that could pass for ‘repulsorlift looking’. These worked better than expected, & with a small addition added to the rear (gun barrel from Baze & Chirrut 2 pack) it works even better.

The bottom...

I also wanted it to have the standard Imperial appearance. They typically do not use any camouflage like the Rogue One vehicle (they want the Rebels to tremble in fear when seen)...

Also added the weapon to the Commander station mount. I used what was included with the Speeder Bike from the Movie Heroes line. I cut the barrel length down to a more appropriate size. Also detailed the interior...

Additional shots as Bucket head hauler...

I previously did a weathered & detailed repaint of the track version that is posted in the VC thread for the vehicle.

"May the Funk be with You!"

This looks great. Wonderful work here and it really has a great imperial field-use look to it.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

I like the look of it. It is very sleek.
    I often use a figure blister to rest my hovering vehicles on. They can be trimmed to whatever height you want.

The attention to detail and modification is very impressive with this piece. You should be proud!

I love this custom! Classic Empire style! I wish the Tank in the Rogue One movie had stayed a hover tank as originally intended, as the treads seem so out of place in the Star Wars universe (I know, there's the TIE Crawler lol)

I wish they had made the Imperial Armoured Personnel Carrier APC from the Rogue Squadron: Rebel Strike Game. I love the troop-carrying area and E-Web mounted on top.

Quote Originally Posted by TK759 View Post
    I love this custom! Classic Empire style! I wish the Tank in the Rogue One movie had stayed a hover tank as originally intended, as the treads seem so out of place in the Star Wars universe (I know, there's the TIE Crawler lol)

I wish they had made the Imperial Armoured Personnel Carrier APC from the Rogue Squadron: Rebel Strike Game. I love the troop-carrying area and E-Web mounted on top.

The buckethead dumptruck.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    This looks great. Wonderful work here and it really has a great imperial field-use look to it.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    I like the look of it. It is very sleek.
    I often use a figure blister to rest my hovering vehicles on. They can be trimmed to whatever height you want.
    Thank you. I have it on a clear plastic blister that held an iPhone case. It was the perfect width & length & has a wave pattern to it that creates a distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_1136 View Post
    The attention to detail and modification is very impressive with this piece. You should be proud!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TK759 View Post
    Thanks.
    "May the Funk be with You!"