Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First Edition Variants

Quote Originally Posted by Typhis View Post
    I agree 100% There are so many wanted figures that haven't been made yet or at all, because they make the same over and over...Rey with cut on right arm, Rey with cut on left arm. Poe with jacket on, Poe with jacket off. Kylo with mad face, kylo with blank stare. More Original and Prequel figures need to be made
    the fact that they keep making Rey and Kylo figures should really shock no one. They are the main characters in the sequel trilogy. They're going to get a bunch of figures. Interesting how no one complaints that we've had 2 versions of A New Hope Leia, Bespin Escape Leia, Hoth Leia, slave Leia, and Boush. A New Hope Han, Stormtrooper Han, Bespin Han, and Hoth Han(twice). And then 2 A new hope Lukes, Stormtrooper Luke, Pilot Luke, Bespin Luke, Death Star Luke, Jedi Luke, and 2 Yavin Lukes.

And before you say that "Well, those looks are iconic!" So are Rey and Kylo's looks. Maybe they don't float your boat, but they're the main characters and when Marketing a movie, you push out the main characters.

Can we expect more of this moving forward or is it just special occasions?

Quote Originally Posted by TKRC13 View Post
    the fact that they keep making Rey and Kylo figures should really shock no one. They are the main characters in the sequel trilogy. They're going to get a bunch of figures. Interesting how no one complaints that we've had 2 versions of A New Hope Leia, Bespin Escape Leia, Hoth Leia, slave Leia, and Boush. A New Hope Han, Stormtrooper Han, Bespin Han, and Hoth Han(twice). And then 2 A new hope Lukes, Stormtrooper Luke, Pilot Luke, Bespin Luke, Death Star Luke, Jedi Luke, and 2 Yavin Lukes.

And before you say that "Well, those looks are iconic!" So are Rey and Kylo's looks. Maybe they don't float your boat, but they're the main characters and when Marketing a movie, you push out the main characters.
    I agree that they made a lot of Luke, Leia and Han figures, but like what was said different versions. Rey and Kylo figures are the same looks.. Kylo=helmet on, helmet off, soft goods cape. Rey= all 3 movies same look different colors and what she had on when she went to island. Just saying there are many more star wars characters that can and should be made besides main characters(made over and over).

Quote Originally Posted by TKRC13 View Post

It's a good point, but I would totally slow down on the figures of main character costume changes from all trilogies, personally. There are too many other characters that aren't being made. I would gladly postpone ROTJ Luke in favor of a classic alien or PT character, of which there are too few.

Anyone have a First Edition Mando they want to trade for a First Edition Sith Trooper?
    Need:
    ROTJ AT-AT
    My Feedback Thread:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084033/

Quote Originally Posted by Agen_Kolar View Post
    It's a good point, but I would totally slow down on the figures of main character costume changes from all trilogies, personally. There are too many other characters that aren't being made. I would gladly postpone ROTJ Luke in favor of a classic alien or PT character, of which there are too few.
    Agree 100%. Overall I think they’ve done a pretty good mixed bag for the BS. But I definitely think they should slow down on hero figures and work on some b and c-listers. It’s absurd that it took us til this year to get all the bounty hunters. And as far as OT backgrounders we’ve only gotten Greedo and the other bounty hunters. No cantina aliens. I like all things SW, will buy figures from any of the media as long as they’re well made. But if you think they’re not gonna pump out more Rey/Kylo figs you’re kidding yourself. They are the protagonist and antagonist of 3 movies. And Solo aside, other than the Hoth getup it’s not like Han’s costume changed much. Even his ST outfit was similar. But people aren’t griping about the 10 Hans we’ve gotten. I just don’t buy the ones I’m not interested in. My mentality for the hero figures is to try to find the standout ones in my favorite costumes and stick with those. But to each their own

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567