Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2019 PGM Gift: Ponda Baba/ Walrus Man

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    I think it would make a lot of sense, since they are releasing Ponda Baba, that a Dr. Evazan mini bust will follow. Heck, they could offer a Cantina patron every year with the PGM if they want to go that route. And for that matter, how about finishing up with the rest of the Cantina band. Also, I do know they had some concept sketch for Snaggletooth back when they designed the Holiday Padme bust, so that could be another they could make and give him the red outfit.

Edit: Here it is, but keep in mind that if he gets made he might come out with a pointy hand LOL ...

I like how you think, Julian. The cantina holds such a wide variety of unique-looking Star Wars aliens that I can never get enough of them. I'm still holding out hope that even Hasbro would revisit the cantina so I'll have them all in at least 3 3/4" format.

For the Ponda Baba bust though, I'll most likely have to end up going to Ebay. It didn't make sense to get the PG membership again this year since the line seems to be more and more focused on the new movies. Besides, it really bothered me how late the 2018 gifts came this year and as a 2018 member I wasn't even given a chance to order anything but my two gifts. I chose the Leia and Yakface busts but I really wanted the 12" Bib Fortuna too. I've been in contact with customer service and it will be back in the shop in a few weeks BUT I have to be a 2019 member to purchase it.
    Last edited by Santiago1970; 10-08-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago1970 View Post
    I like how you think, Julian. The cantina holds such a wide variety of unique-looking Star Wars aliens that I can never get enough of them. I'm still holding out hope that even Hasbro would revisit the cantina so I'll have them all in at least 3 3/4" format.

For the Ponda Baba bust though, I'll most likely have to end up going to Ebay. It didn't make sense to get the PG membership again this year since the line seems to be more and more focused on the new movies. Besides, it really bothered me how late the 2018 gifts came this year and as a 2018 member I wasn't even given a chance to order anything but my two gifts. I chose the Leia and Yakface busts but I really wanted the 12" Bib Fortuna too. I've been in contact with customer service and it will be back in the shop in a few weeks BUT I have to be a 2019 member to purchase it.
    Hey, Santiago. Good to see you posting again. Completely agree with your statement above. So many peculiar characters to choose from, they for sure would bring variety and interest to the collection, same as the Cantina scene does to the eyes of the viewer every time we see it.

I can see why you and other folks aren't renewing the membership this year. I think a few things need to be worked out in the future to attract a broader amount of collectors. Things need to be released more on time, poses need to be done in a way that would make a little more sense, protective packaging which allowed for quite a few damaged items this year needs to be improved, etc. Overall, I think their product needs the excitement it once used to have, and you can get that excitement back by releasing more of what people have demanded, more often, more product. Stop making so much of one character, of characters no one felt needed to be made. Too many Mauls, another Tarkin ...Why? ... who asked for these? It feels repetitive. If they want to emphasize on main characters then offer something people have actually asked for like: Endor Han Solo, Endor Leia and Bespin Luke for the OT, or Han Solo and Leia from the ST films. But most of all offer variety of characters for every trilogy. I can cut them some slack, so to speak, as far as the 2018 gifts being late this year. The transferred of ownership as GG was being sold to Diamond, found the latter with 2018 product gifts that still on February had not gone into production. It was pretty much a mess from what I understand, thus while delivered late, I'm glad the product was nonetheless delivered. Not sure how it works for the Bib Jumbo as I don't collect those, however, wasn't that Bib part of the 2018 PG gifts you could have chosen as a gift or buy in 2018? I don't understand why you have to renew with a 2019 membership to get it.
    Last edited by LightSword; 10-08-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Hey, Santiago. Good to see you posting again. Completely agree with your statement above. So many peculiar characters to choose from, they for sure would bring variety and interest to the collection, same as the Cantina scene does to the eyes of the viewer every time we see it.

I can see why you and other folks aren't renewing the membership this year. I think a few things need to be worked out in the future to attract a broader amount of collectors. Things need to be released more on time, poses need to be done in a way that would make a little more sense, protective packaging which allowed for quite a few damaged items this year needs to be improved, etc. Overall, I think their product needs the excitement it once used to have, and you can get that excitement back by releasing more of what people have demanded, more often, more product. Stop making so much of one character, of characters no one felt needed to be made. Too many Mauls, another Tarkin ...Why? ... who asked for these? It feels repetitive. If they want to emphasize on main characters then offer something people have actually asked for like: Endor Han Solo, Endor Leia and Bespin Luke for the OT, or Han Solo and Leia from the ST films. But most of all offer variety of characters for every trilogy. I can cut them some slack, so to speak, as far as the 2018 gifts being late this year. The transferred of ownership as GG was being sold to Diamond, found the latter with 2018 product gifts that still on February had not gone into production. It was pretty much a mess from what I understand, thus while delivered late, I'm glad the product was nonetheless delivered. Not sure how it works for the Bib Jumbo as I don't collect those, however, wasn't that Bib part of the 2018 PG gifts you could have chosen as a gift or buy in 2018? I don't understand why you have to renew with a 2019 membership to get it.
    Good to see you too, Julian. What finally happened with the Concept Sandtrooper bust debacle? Did Diamond/GG ever make it right?

The 12" Bib was one of the PGM gifts but you weren't allowed to purchase it separately but only as part of your gifts. I chose the two busts as my gifts and I was waiting for the Bib to be offered on its own. I imagine it's because of the handover to Diamond and that the gifts were so delayed to ship that it didn't happen in time. But I still don't see why an allowance wasn't made for 2018 members to purchase the leftover PGM gifts. It sucks that I now have to purchase a 2019 membership to get a 2018 item that I should have had an opportunity to buy.

By any chance did you purchase this year's membership, Julian?

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago1970 View Post
    Good to see you too, Julian. What finally happened with the Concept Sandtrooper bust debacle? Did Diamond/GG ever make it right?

The 12" Bib was one of the PGM gifts but you weren't allowed to purchase it separately but only as part of your gifts. I chose the two busts as my gifts and I was waiting for the Bib to be offered on its own. I imagine it's because of the handover to Diamond and that the gifts were so delayed to ship that it didn't happen in time. But I still don't see why an allowance wasn't made for 2018 members to purchase the leftover PGM gifts. It sucks that I now have to purchase a 2019 membership to get a 2018 item that I should have had an opportunity to buy.

By any chance did you purchase this year's membership, Julian?
    Yes. I did get a replacement for the one I sent the head back to them. To their credit, the replacement and refund was handled rather quick and in a professional way. Nothing like the issue I had last year with the defective Jedi Luke mini bust when they told me I was responsible for shipping it back to them. So the $5.00 refund was given to me as soon as they received the Sandtrooper head, and another Sandtrooper was mailed out within three days. But, the replacement also had its own set of issues; the barrel of the rifle was again bent to the side, the shoulder stock of the rifle was missing one of its tips and noticeably painted over. So I gave up and kept it that way. It was obvious to me trying to exchange it was a gamble, and most of these , based on my own experience and the comments I'd read, are at some level suffering from some type of defect or damage.

I did buy this year's membership and the reason for that was based on being able to order the McQuarrie Sandtrooper mini bust and Walrus Man. Little did I know at the time the Sandtrooper was being issued with all these problems, nor the poor Stryrofoam tray (which I believe is causing some of this damage), and that the Walrus Man was going to have a set pose pointing with his finger, while offering a stump feature for the other arm, which makes no sense. So pretty much I wanted not to pay Ebay fees for the Sandtrooper and have the right to get Ponda Baba and possibly another Holiday bust, which is now not happening. So, pretty much like you now and Bib, if I wanted the Sandtrooper I needed to get a new membership, despite that at the time the 2018 gifts still hadn't been released.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567