Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 PGM Gift: Ponda Baba/ Walrus Man

Yo quiero Taco Bell! ... Let's make it a Taco night. I'm driving to the one around the corner.
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-20-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Maybe for lunch tomorrow before work. Haven't had taco bell in awhile !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have not gone to one since I lived out in California. So that was a good 15 years ago...crazy because from college until then I lived at Taco Bell for a good decade. My college buddies and I even had a code of "Let's run for the border" when we were hungry.

I even got the Taco Bell counter display with Darth Maul from TPM! For a couple years I was really into those store displays (Barnes and Nobles, Toys R Us, WalMart, Taco Bell, Full size stand ones I had for Amidala, Darth Maul and (cringe) Jar Jar from Pepsi products, even video game ones as well) but at the end they are so huge and take up so much space I literally traded them to a local comic shop for some statues.
    Last edited by Django; 09-21-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Yo quiero Taco Bell! ... Let's make it a Taco night. I'm driving to the one around the corner.
    He's no good to me dead!

PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

Looks good. Glad they fixed his head (vs. the concept art).

Yeah maybe not start with the concept art lol

it looked terrible there
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

Just as I pointed out in a previous post, I knew this was a work in progress, and a few things needed to be changed, which they did ...

- The straight brow line needed to be changed. (Check marked)
    - The bony cups surrounding the eyes needed to be arched. (Check marked)
    - Beard/hair flared out too much and needed to be changed. (Check marked)
    - The size of the head also changes the whole perspective, so it needed to be bigger. (Check marked)
    - The body needed to be slim down (Check marked)

* Now, if only they would do something about that pointing hand so the bust could be displayed with the severed arm/stump, it'd be perfect. Otherwise displaying him with the blaster would be the way to go to maintain a sensible pose.

Here is a comparison of how the sketch looked and the colorized digital sculpt that's been properly resized and the head restructured and re-positioned. I removed the "Pending Approval' lettering to make the image a little more clear for comparison purposes ...

Last edited by LightSword; 09-24-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Looks a lot better but I'm still not loving the pointy finger.

Quote Originally Posted by The_kessel_run View Post
    Looks a lot better but I'm still not loving the pointy finger.
    That was my basic reaction. It's not bad, but it's not great either.

Regardless, I'm happy to have another original Kenner figure being made into a bust.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast