Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoth Rebel Soldier - Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    The Hoth Rebel soldier, if done correctly, would look great in this line. The character has definitely been under-represented re: action figures. They've never made a 12" version, so a 6" would be almost as good.

I typically don't like variants, but I think that would work with this character (i.e. clean shaven, mustache, etc.).
    That would be a great idea, but we all know Hasbro would mess it up and make way to many of the first type and the 2nd, 3rd, etc would become hard to find. Then again, they would probably show up at Ross in another year, for $3 so win-win. LOL!
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Aye! i'll be needing a few of these for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I just hope that some of the other troopers like Rebel Fleet, Death Star, and maybe Cassian can all have swap-able heads.
    It would be such an easy win for Hasbro if they did make accessories bundles with weapons, heads, trays for astromechs, hookah pipes, mouse droids, replacements etc.
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    That would be a great idea, but we all know Hasbro would mess it up and make way to many of the first type and the 2nd, 3rd, etc would become hard to find. Then again, they would probably show up at Ross in another year, for $3 so win-win. LOL!
    Agreed. Then, they may as well make a generic clean-shaven trooper & that's it. The film actually has very few mustached troopers (I think I saw one in the trenches) - most of them look very similar, and are dressed in very similar outfits.

However, in addition to a generic Hoth Rebel Trooper, they could also make a mustached Major Derlin (Cliff Claven from Cheers - LOL), since that was a completely different character & outfit.

How many accessories would the rebel trooper require?

Maybe add one or two head swap outs - cater to the army building crowd?

Hasbro MUST be aware that THOUSANDS of people, at the very least, would like to do this?

It would be cheaper for Hasbro in the long run to not make many full figure variants, right?

(And I'm not even an army builder! - BUT I 100% completely get the instincts of the army builder collector, as should Hasbro's development/marketing team.)

IF every 'random guy' trooper, whether imperial or rebel, came with even one extra alternative head (2 would be best, for a total of 3 different sculpts) - I myself would probably at least buy two, and I'm sure countless others would buy WAY more than that!

I would like to see the anti vehicle radar cannon with the Hoth Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    I would like to see the anti vehicle radar cannon with the Hoth Trooper.
    Yes, the more I think about this a Hoth Rebel Trooper would work great as a "deluxe" figure. So, a great way to release this would be to include these three items with the figure (in addition to the regular weapon accessories):

-Alternate head w/mustache (so troop-builders can get more than one & be assured that they would have both versions)

- Anti vehicle radar cannon

- long laser mounted in the snow during the Hoth trench sequences

Well, that's put paid to my plan to cobble one together using a Cassian figure. (Although I still may, because A) variation, and Cassian is dirt cheap everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Yes, the more I think about this a Hoth Rebel Trooper would work great as a "deluxe" figure. So, a great way to release this would be to include these three items with the figure (in addition to the regular weapon accessories):

-Alternate head w/mustache (so troop-builders can get more than one & be assured that they would have both versions)

- Anti vehicle radar cannon

- long laser mounted in the snow during the Hoth trench sequences
    Man i'd love this so much! Hasbro are seemingly done with vehicles for Black Series so this would be a great idea for some more deluxe sets moving forward

I am hoping they will rerelease the Snowtrooper with the tripod cannon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast