Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken/Damaged Figures

I've only had one figure break. Greedo came with a foot that as soon as I tried to move it, popped off right in my hand. I didn't waste time trying to fix it. The best solution I have found is order another, then send back the one that broke as defective.

This hasn't occurred on the few Black Series figures I have but this is a common concern with just about any other company that uses soft rubbery plastic for joints. It's happened many times. DC Collectibles, NECA, and so on. I think about it with Hasbro stuff but it looks like their quality control has improved in recent times.

Usually the best remedy if you a joint is stuck is to not try and force it and instead heat it up. Usually with a blow dryer but the hot water method could also work. Once the plastic loosens, massage and press the softer plastic to hopefully unstick it and then carefully twist until you feel the joint release. Run under cold water to set again.
    Imaginaut

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Have many people experienced broken 6" figures? What does everyone think of the overall quality of the line?
    I've had the heads snap off of K-2SO (from falling off a shelf) and Kanan (my fault for trying to pop the head off without softening it up first), and a broken peg on a C-3PO hand that did not want to pop out. The wires on one of Jango's arms have also snapped, but no big deal.

Floating through the Alderaan debris field

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Have many people experienced broken 6" figures? What does everyone think of the overall quality of the line?
    I've only had issues with a few figures. One of my Jawa's had a hand hinge crack, making his hand fall off, and while not exactly broken, my first release Palpatine had a misaligned elbow peg. Also had 3-4 that needed a "hot tub" bath to fix soft/warped plastic. Overall, I think the quality has been great for the line. I've had more issues with Marvel Legends figures
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound
    "Sounds like a bad idea.. But, I'm all about Bad Ideas."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12