Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer

75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer

Shared via their Twitter account earlier today, LEGO have released a teaser trailer for a new Star Wars set that is due to be revealed on September 5th.

The 11 second clip is set in a depicts a number of rooms in a typical household with a triangular show on the wall being cast, while the Imperial March plays in the background.

There are a number of props in the scene that may or may not be clues to t he nature of the set. Cast your mind back to the promotional campaign for 75192 Millennium Falcon and you'll recall all kinds of Easter eggs and cryptic reveals - with a reveal date less than a week away we haven't got time for a cunning trail of teasers.

And while neither the video nor the post's attached text specifically mentions a set number or name it's being taken that this is the much rumoured Imperial Star Destroyer re-release that has been making the rounds for the last few weeks.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Haha...."mystery set"

Can't wait for the official reveal! I hope this version of the UCS Star Destroyer gets a fair amount of interior detailing and minifigures.

I have mixed feelings about this. I've always found previous SD Lego sets to be rather dull aesthetically. A giant grey triangle is just not that visually appealing to me in Lego. I've always wanted more of a playset like the Death Star with a Bridge set with all 6 bounty hunters, meditation/hologram chamber, Gunner station, hanger bay, etc. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised this time around!
    "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1 View Post
    Haha...."mystery set"
    Only because I don't know what the official designation is I'll know soon though.

Don't forget to take part in our poll.

http://www.rebelscum.com/scumpoll/p1229.asp?v=0&k=1229

I'm hoping for no minifigures and a Lightmaker hammerhead corvette.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 08-29-2019 at 05:10 PM.

I hope this set doesn't use magnets

Only to make it hover over the scale Jedha City display base.

This should be an exciting next 7 - 10 days. We'll get to see the UCS ISD (for which I have high hopes, and believe there is room to improve on 10030), and we should also get the reveal for this year's Winter Village set.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

I’m turning into a grumpy old man. I don’t get the ‘excitement’ generated by Lego releasing an ad that doesn’t say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by are_k View Post
    I’m turning into a grumpy old man. I don’t get the ‘excitement’ generated by Lego releasing an ad that doesn’t say anything.
    We are all GOM here! The ad itself isn't exciting. It's just that it gives people the date for the press release for the new set.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-02-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by are_k View Post
    You can’t take my role. Get off my lawn.
    I don’t have a SD yet, this may be the one.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast