Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer

I was the ordering process for this to be just as difficult as the Falcon and I've been pleasantly surprised. I can't believe it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! I thought it would take weeks, maybe months before I'd get it. Still haven't broken the news to my wife yet....
    Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!
    He was a zombie?

My excuse was always "I can either get it today or another time. Either way you know I'm going to get it, so it might as well be now" and it usually worked.

LEGO fulfillment is pretty quick and they don't do the whole pre-order thing that Funko, Hasbrolabs, Gentle Giant and Sideshow do so you know that if you can order it it'll be on its way as soon as the credit card authorising algorithm tells the warehouse robot that you're a good customer.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-20-2019 at 01:09 AM.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Saw this on display today at LEGO store, it’s well made and detailing is fantastic. The top compartments can be opened but it only shows structural details of the ISD.

Pics: https://twitter.com/dsnypk_starwars/...100669440?s=21
    Last edited by DarthCitrix; 09-21-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

Almost finished. It looks great, and is a fun build. I still think it is a little overpriced, but a lot of the pieces in this set are huge. I did the Big Ben set, for example, which is 4,100 pieces but the vast majority of the pieces are tiny, two stud pieces that make up the siding. You are getting a lot of bang for your buck with this set. The price makes more sense when you see it.

I've finished building the Star Destroyer and am having a BBQ on Sunday to complete the Tantive IV.

BTW the set is now available to buy globally for non-VIP members.

Little modification on my own, added a tiny Falcon. Now they can just float away, with the rest of the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by JGerardi View Post

Little modification on my own, added a tiny Falcon. Now they can just float away, with the rest of the garbage.
    That's a great idea. I like it!

I had a chance to see this behemoth at my local Lego store the other day. That thing is HUGE! Pics do not do it justice. The scale of it doesn't come across well in photos.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

I'm planning on doing the same - just want to reduce the size so it's closer to scale. - a 1 x 1 round stud would do it, right?

Good one but watch out behind you..........

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567