Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer

Double VIP points through the first weekend available to VIP members.

Make sure there is an accessible affiliate link for rebelscum.

Seems really over priced for the piece count. for $100 more could get the Falcon which has almost 3000 pieces more.

I get the price would have gone up from 17 years ago, but piece count only went up by like 1000 pieces but retail went up by like $300, a size wise it isn't that much bigger, at least width wise went from like 23" to the 26"

Maybe I'm a little bit bitter as yes we all knew this was coming but would so love much more new UCS sets from an A-Wing, Tie Bomber, to name a few.

Just got notification that mine is coming, so expect a photo review on Sept 18th (or thereabouts).

Can't wait!
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-05-2019 at 10:48 PM.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Love that Gizmodo got cited, and not the site the hosts this forum. My work here is pointless.
    Fixed .
    Last edited by DarthCitrix; 09-05-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

^ thanks Now I feel like a tool. And there's no fixing that because it's my own fault!
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

I don't get the price point on this. Typically set sell for 10 cents per piece (or thereabout). The latest round of SW sets (20th anniversary) came in a little higher, but this set doesn't open, has no interior or apparent moving parts, and only comes with two minifigures, and they are kind of blah in my opinion. At $500, I mi have at least considered it. At this price, I'm out. For those that are excited about this, I am certainly happy for you, but I just don't see it from this set...

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterTod View Post
    I don't get the price point on this. Typically set sell for 10 cents per piece (or thereabout). The latest round of SW sets (20th anniversary) came in a little higher, but this set doesn't open, has no interior or apparent moving parts, and only comes with two minifigures, and they are kind of blah in my opinion. At $500, I mi have at least considered it. At this price, I'm out. For those that are excited about this, I am certainly happy for you, but I just don't see it from this set...

The price point is high on this one, even after you factor in the typical Star Wars tax. I am also disappointed about the included minifigs for a set of this caliber (and price).

That said I will probably end up getting it because I do not have the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Pqweeduk View Post
    The price point is high on this one, even after you factor in the typical Star Wars tax. I am also disappointed about the included minifigs for a set of this caliber (and price).

That said I will probably end up getting it because I do not have the original.
    Same, never had the earlier versions so likely getting this one, probably for the holidays.
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

10030 is one of my all-time favorite sets. With that said, this new set looks AMAZING! The new technic inner frame is supposed to address the sagging issues and the new design is sleeker (longer and not as tall). Even though itís one of my favorite sets, I always felt the back half of 10030 was a bit chunky. Iím glad the extra 1688 pieces was put towards making it more screen accurate and detailed as opposed to adding an interior or playset features, although I can do without the two included figures.

As for the price, itís a bit high but I do know this was priced according to weight as opposed to piece count. I can be patient and wait until a good discount appears. Iíll probably sell my 10030 to fund this new set as I donít have the space for both. For now, itís sitting in my coffee table that I bought specifically for the new UCS Falcon that I have yet to build.

Last edited by oneknightr; 09-09-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast