Thread: how hard will it be to rebuild an imperial shuttle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

how hard will it be to rebuild an imperial shuttle?

more than likely the only way i can ever own an imperial shuttle is to find a fixer upper and buy parts for it.
    i have a lead on some guns but how hard will the rest be? also if the body isnt intact wha tdo i need to know about the wing mecanism?
    darkness rises and light to meet it!

Hard, real hard. Buying complete is always cheaper. In figures and in vehicles.

true enough but i cant afford 400$ or whatever it goes for so it will probably take a few years to build

Other than rebuilding the skiff, I think the shuttle is the toughest vehicle to rebuild. From an economic standpoint. The cockpit glass and ramp are wildly high just because you don't see them very often. Not to mention if any of the wing mechanics are broken or the motor doesn't work. It's definitely easier and cheaper to buy a complete one. Just put $5-$10 per week to the side and in a year's time you'll have enough to buy a very nice complete one.

motor? for what the wings? well crap didnt know it had a motor.. what else do i need to know?
    ill do my best to get a beater thats as complete as possible i know the ramp and side door are pretty rare as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    motor? for what the wings? well crap didnt know it had a motor.. what else do i need to know?
    ill do my best to get a beater thats as complete as possible i know the ramp and side door are pretty rare as well.

No. The motor sits on the battery cover and just makes sound like the rest of the sound effects. Very simple set up and cheap motor. Mine works . Most of the motors work. They just need to run.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Yeah, this is one of the most complex vehicles I our line. Through the years I have been restoring one. I have purchased a couple of these that were missing some parts . The trick is to buy them with the parts you are missing and look for ones In rough shape for the parts lot.

All this being said. The most trickiest part is matching up color. These fade or darken. You don't want to piece together a ship with 4 different color tones to the shell. It's just like the cockpit cover for the falcon . Hard to match up .

The gears on the wings were a bad design and break quite often. Too much weight on the wings and kids weren't the most gentle with them.

I found a nice shell and then went parts digging. Mine is still in boxes, but I do have one complete. I could use a better ramp but I'm fine for now.

Good luck
    Last edited by toyman941; 08-17-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/