Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how hard will it be to rebuild an imperial shuttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    ok im in no hurry so far i have a lead on some guns but thats it.

Guns are usually the cheapest part, but sit tight before you buy anything. Wouldn't hurt to put items in your watch list on ebay and start researching what's what.

We'll get there.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

A few vintage toy shops have beater shuttles that are missing parts and stickers. There going for over $150 or more for fixer uppers! Try looking for vehicle lots on EBay and many times you can get one in a missmosh auction for not a bad price. Only issue is piecing off of the other items, however if you army build multi-vehicles rock!

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidjedi View Post
    A few vintage toy shops have beater shuttles that are missing parts and stickers. There going for over $150 or more for fixer uppers! Try looking for vehicle lots on EBay and many times you can get one in a missmosh auction for not a bad price. Only issue is piecing off of the other items, however if you army build multi-vehicles rock!
    ill be lucky to piece together one shuttle so no army building vehicles i cant really afford 150$ for a beater so probably a part or two a month for 20$ is probably the easiest way though the longest and most ardous way so im just looking to see who has parts to help me along.
    darkness rises and light to meet it!

The side door is one of, if not THE toughest part to find. Those two little tabs on the door break off pretty easy. While my shuttle is complete, the tabs on my door broke years ago. Every now and then, I look for a new one. Needless to say, I don't have one yet. Unbroken doors are just ridiculously high.

ill be lucky to piece together one shuttle so no army building vehicles i cant really afford 150$ for a beater so probably a part or two a month for 20$ is probably the easiest way though the longest and most ardous way so im just looking to see who has parts to help me along.
    Take it from me put that 20 in an envelope and buy complete. Ive been trying to complete certain vehicles for YEARS ant the cost of the vehicle comes out nearly 60 percent more. Ask my Sandcrawler...

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    Take it from me put that 20 in an envelope and buy complete. Ive been trying to complete certain vehicles for YEARS ant the cost of the vehicle comes out nearly 60 percent more. Ask my Sandcrawler...

Yeah, I still have a tatooine skiff missing 1 rail and 2 legs. You can say I have a peg legged skiff

I have been looking for a skiff that has the legs so I can just buy it and re sell the body. Not really what I had intended, jt I really don't have a choice if I want a completed one. I can always just buy the acrylic stand but I'd rather have it complete.

One option that seems to be popular is others are using 95 parts to complete them . Not really sure that's the direction I want to go.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    Yeah, I still have a tatooine skiff missing 1 rail and 2 legs. You can say I have a peg legged skiff

I have been looking for a skiff that has the legs so I can just buy it and re sell the body. Not really what I had intended, jt I really don't have a choice if I want a completed one. I can always just buy the acrylic stand but I'd rather have it complete.

One option that seems to be popular is others are using 95 parts to complete them . Not really sure that's the direction I want to go.
    i know ill get shot for saying this but what if i build one entirely out of repro parts?
    insane sure but we would know what it was (and nobody would want it! :p ) and it would be cheap :/
    im not seriously considering it (yet) just tossing ideas out there. otherwise i expect a very long road ahead.
    good to know dj ill watch out for it and let you know if i see one.
    darkness rises and light to meet it!

i know ill get shot for saying this but what if i build one entirely out of repro parts?
    insane sure but we would know what it was (and nobody would want it! :p ) and it would be cheap :/
    im not seriously considering it (yet) just tossing ideas out there. otherwise i expect a very long road ahead.
    good to know dj ill watch out for it and let you know if i see one.

The only repro parts I know of for the shuttle would be the gears .

If you are looking for cheaper, and willing to settle, just get the re-released ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    If you are looking for cheaper, and willing to settle, just get the re-released ones.

I'm actually debating on an A wing new release. Now hurry and not looking. My spending is over for the year anyway. We will see. I'm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast