Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: Offworld Jawa - #96

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowcaster View Post
    Fkn ell, that is a litany of crap decision making right there.

    Personally, I prefer soft goods for something like this. But unfortunately Hasbro has a history of poor execution with that medium and their choice of material is a head scratcher, to say the least. They seem to insist on using a coarse/tough material, instead of a more pliable felt that could hug the figure better.

    Their original Jawa release looks superior to this even if it's all plastic, every one looks exactly the same and they are essentially statues with no movement.

  2. #42
    First Edition found in a Puerto Rican WM by @a_creature_inamask


  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowcaster View Post
    Oof. I did not realize there were no new arms under the cloth robe, and instead the same bulky, difficult to pose arms. I retract my previous statement!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Agen_Kolar View Post
    Oof. I did not realize there were no new arms under the cloth robe, and instead the same bulky, difficult to pose arms. I retract my previous statement!

    After watching that review I think the Jawa is off my list for now. I too was hoping for more range of motion and that he could hold his guns in two hands. I incorrectly assumed that he would have new arms, and not the same arms under a new cloth material (double the clothing, one plastic and one cloth).

    If he's going to be practically the same, I prefer the original Jawa, of which I bought several and could later buy for $13.

  5. #45
    Midshipman RebelJoel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Niagara County, New York

    Yeesh, never knew the articulation on the Jawa arms was so bad. I was looking forward to this one too. But they gotta commit to soft goods or plastic, not this combination of both. The cloak over the sculpted arms does not look good at all.

  6. #46
    I'm actually surprised there is anything new under the robes. I assumed they would just slap a new cloth robe on the old figure and call it a day.

  7. #47
    It's not actually new... seems they kept the arms of the sculpted robe, but left out the sculpted robe from the waist down. Something along those lines. Half n half.
    "Without respect - we reject!"

    My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

  8. #48
    This new Offworld Jawa looks cool; it actually reminds me of a high-end bootleg, and I mean that as a compliment. I like the darker robe, and I like the red eyes - nice touch.

    I wish there were a way to make the eyes glow as Hasbro did with the 1997 POTF2 2-pack Jawa release; those figures featured a yellow-ish "square" on the top of the head & when light came through, the eyes "glowed" yellow. However, I understand that this would be logistically complicated, and a square on top of the head would be more obvious with a 6" figure.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    This new Offworld Jawa looks cool; it actually reminds me of a high-end bootleg, and I mean that as a compliment. I like the darker robe, and I like the red eyes - nice touch.

    I wish there were a way to make the eyes glow as Hasbro did with the 1997 POTF2 2-pack Jawa release; those figures featured a yellow-ish "square" on the top of the head & when light came through, the eyes "glowed" yellow. However, I understand that this would be logistically complicated, and a square on top of the head would be more obvious with a 6" figure.
    They did something similar with 4-LOM for the 6". His eyes kind of lights up when he is back lit-ish.
    Also some of the 6" jawas do have glowing eyes in the dark, when they have been exposed to a flashlight/bulb/etc.
    "Without respect - we reject!"

    My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Oofa View Post
    They did something similar with 4-LOM for the 6". His eyes kind of lights up when he is back lit-ish.

    Also some of the 6" jawas do have glowing eyes in the dark, when they have been exposed to a flashlight/bulb/etc.
    Thanks - was not aware of this. I don't know if my 6" Jawa has glowing eyes, and I just recently got the 6" 4-LOM (great figure!). I'll have to try that with both of them.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •