Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leia Boushh Painted Torso Variation?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
    Thanks for the tips.

I've got a handful of loose figure Boushh, but looks like I have one, made in Taiwan, and there is a pain rub on the back-side of Leia cape area. Stoked . A gem ….. diamond in the rough!
    Nice Adam, Always great when you find a variant in the wild without paying a premium for it

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Isn't that more of a "molded torso" compared to the more common version? Her torso is molded and cape painted.
    Yes it’s a mold / paint variation. Regular figure has tan molded torso with dark brown paint on chest. The variant has dark brown molded torso painted tan below waist and on the rear cape.

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    Yes it’s a mold / paint variation. Regular figure has tan molded torso with dark brown paint on chest. The variant has dark brown molded torso painted tan below waist and on the rear cape.
    That's what I said. OP and everyone else is referring it as painted torso here even though her torso is molded and accessories painted compared to the other.
    Last edited by Lex; 08-17-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    My feedback
    "They're sh*t." - Phil Tippett on Star Wars Blu-rays

Ah right gotcha. But technically torso refers to the whole trunk of the body which is both molded and painted in different / opposite parts

Sorry for the confusion. This variant is commonly called "painted torso" or "brown molded torso".
    Technically, "brown molded torso" is more appropriate.

Or reverse painted torso!

"Reversed painted torso" is a new one for me. But that also makes sense

The biggest tell for this is the areas that are typically tan will be more matte, as it is painted. The brown areas will have a gloss to them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12