Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Board # 191: Skiffs, Guards, Retro Figures and Double Force Friday

Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares_X View Post
    It looks like my SDCC exclusive BS6 Sith Trooper got pushed up a day and will arrive today. I wonder what kind of condition it will be in. I haven't decided if I want to leave this in package yet or not, so I hope it's in nice shape.
    It arrived today and I am thankful to say it is in perfect condition.

Not too sure about the slide out shelves that house the weapons. Some of the blasters have parts that stick up the catch on the rest of the box. It's kind of a weird design.

I'm leaving this packaged until I get more Sith Troopers to compare.
    Need: Han Solo (Mimban), Quay Tolsite

Apparently the lack of sales from the less than adequate small X-Wing fighters from TPM and TLJ has proven that a REAL X-Wing fighter is needed for TROS.

I can't say I am thrilled about the $100 price tag though.

If these hit clearance I will be getting a few to make-up for the previous X-Wings I passed on from the other two movies and then repainting them.

Last edited by Ares_X; 09-18-2019 at 09:23 AM.

This has some appeal to me. Not sure why, but the addition of the GNK droid is really nice.

Last edited by Ares_X; 09-18-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Wow $100 for an X-Wing? I remember getting the Target Wedge one for $50 but that was 10 years ago and it came with a ladder, Wedge and his droid. But after seeing the RO Imperial assault tank priced at $80 initially I understand. Biggs' TRU Exclusive was $60 in 2013. These might go down to the $40-$50 range is they don't sell.

Apparently the lack of sales from the less than adequate small X-Wing fighters from TPM and TLJ has proven that a REAL X-Wing fighter is needed for TROS.

I can't say I am thrilled about the $100 price tag though.

If these hit clearance I will be getting a few to make-up for the previous X-Wings I passed on from the other two movies and then repainting them.
    Que la Fuerza te acompaņe
    Wants: 3.75" TFA Nien Nunb, Squad Leader Stormie
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade and FS List

Quote Originally Posted by AaylaSecurasMan View Post
    Wow $100 for an X-Wing? I remember getting the Target Wedge one for $50 but that was 10 years ago and it came with a ladder, Wedge and his droid. But after seeing the RO Imperial assault tank priced at $80 initially I understand. Biggs' TRU Exclusive was $60 in 2013. These might go down to the $40-$50 range is they don't sell.

Keep in mind that those were basically using an existing sculpt too. This is all new.

If you wait for everything to hit clearance eventually Hasbro will stop releasing items because they can't make any money off of it.

WOO HOO!!! My replacement Amanaman has shipped and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Fingers are crossed that it arrives intact.
    Last edited by Ares_X; 09-18-2019 at 01:34 PM.

I just received an email from Amazon that the BS6 Emperor with throne that I ordered is being bumped up from October 9th to September 21st. I'm excited about this one.

The Hot Toys Jawa and Gonk are up for pre-order.

$267

Scheduled for 1st quarter 2020

Keep in mind that those were basically using an existing sculpt too. This is all new.

If you wait for everything to hit clearance eventually Hasbro will stop releasing items because they can't make any money off of it.
    What he said.

Hasbro sells items to the retailers for a cost. If the retailer can't sell them they won't want to order future items.

This was the demise of TVC in 2012 or whenever when too many TPM figures flooded stores in droves.

I strictly collect TVC anymore and don't want it to die again so I'll support this. If it goes cheap I'll get another.

Quote Originally Posted by bac View Post
    What he said.

Hasbro sells items to the retailers for a cost. If the retailer can't sell them they won't want to order future items.

This was the demise of TVC in 2012 or whenever when too many TPM figures flooded stores in droves.

I strictly collect TVC anymore and don't want it to die again so I'll support this. If it goes cheap I'll get another.

Says the collector that picked up his first VC TIE Fighter for $20.

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast