Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prototypes or first shots

Prototypes or first shots

I picked up about 65 starwars figures at an estate sale out of them three of them does not have any date or COO on the back of the legs is there anywhere that I can find out information about them and if there’s any extra value thank you for any information

C3po Removable limbs
    tie fighter pilot

AT-AT Commander

Start with this link:

https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/introduction-coos/

What you have are a few of the "no coo" figures. Towards the end of the line it was easier for Kenner to just produce the coo on the cardback rather than changing the molds each time the country it was produced in change. It was a pain and costly to change the molds from "Hong Kong" to "China" to "Taiwan" etc. There are some collectors out there who only collect "no coo" figures and others who are completists and have to have one of every coo. But start with the link above because it's a great source for the history of SW coo's.

Also if you want to dig deeper on coo variations, check out this link:

https://www.starwarsfigurevariations...e/figure-coos/

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    Start with this link:

https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/introduction-coos/

What you have are a few of the "no coo" figures. Towards the end of the line it was easier for Kenner to just produce the coo on the cardback rather than changing the molds each time the country it was produced in change. It was a pain and costly to change the molds from "Hong Kong" to "China" to "Taiwan" etc. There are some collectors out there who only collect "no coo" figures and others who are completists and have to have one of every coo. But start with the link above because it's a great source for the history of SW coo's.
    I'm not sure the assessment is correct - none of these even have dates! You don't see that everyday.

On the Country part of the COO (or where it would usually be), these look pretty darn smooth - not like what you usually see when the COO is filled on the mould. Even if these were a poor shot, or from a mould with worn dates, I think you'd see more residual indications, and the rest of the casting doesn't look off.

I'm by no means an expert, just handled my fair share of figs and on every one of them, check out for No COO and out-of-the ordinary markings.

Great info on COOs. For more pictures, I'd also add http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/...-Guide-h14.htm
    Member of the 62 POTF coin club!!
    My Trade Feedback has links to want and have trade lists.

I agree that it is odd that the dates are missing as well. I can't tell if it's a RL C3PO or or original. If it's an original ANH C3PO it's sort of interesting that there are ESB figs with the same lack of markings. If it is RL C3PO then something else could be going on since they would all three be ESB figs. Hmmmmm, hope someone responds that has more info because it is certainly interesting.

From the photos the entire copyright markings do indeed appear to be missing, so if they are legitimate and not altered in any way then they would be first shots and quite valuable. I would reach out to Tom Derby at CIB to authenticate them and provide a COA which will help you if you intend to sell them.

Prototypes or first shots

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    From the photos the entire copyright markings do indeed appear to be missing, so if they are legitimate and not altered in any way then they would be first shots and quite valuable. I would reach out to Tom Derby at CIB to authenticate them and provide a COA which will help you if you intend to sell them.
    Could I just send an email through the website of AFA to get a hold of him or is there a certain way to get a hold of him this will be my first time ever submitting something would there be anything special on the form that I would have to fill out and for his weapon I see different colors a gray one and a black one what color should it be for the original I would like to find one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blastercheech; 08-08-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastercheech View Post
    Could I just send an email through the website of AFA to get a hold of him or is there a certain way to get a hold of him this will be my first time ever submitting something would there be anything special on the form that I would have to fill out and for his weapon I see different colors a gray one and a black one what color should it be for the original I would like to find one
    And I thought I would add a little bit of the story on how I inquired them I personally know the person that does the EstateSales so I got to go in early to purchase them and as I was there the owner son of the house they were his and he told me the story that his dad‘s best friend used to work at Kenner and every time he come down to visit he would bring him an action figure i’m not sure how much water that story holds but I would like to believe it’s true

Quote Originally Posted by Blastercheech View Post

You can do it through AFA or directly through CIB. AFA would require an online form.

If you want them graded you would need to have the weapons with them. The TFP has a grey pilot blaster.

That would be a nice score if they turn out to be first shots. Good luck
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast