Thread: Dark pants luke confirmation please

Dark pants luke confirmation please

I was going through my loose figs and found this. He has darker pants than my other 2 not shown. Hong Kong coo.

Is this the dark pants version that collectors are after.

I would be interested in trading but I need to confirm before I look silly.

Don't worry, my asks are not high.

I would be asking for a hollow cheek raider or red bar R5

Thanks in advance
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Yes, I would call that dark pants. But there isn't a 'dark pants version that collectors are after.' It's a common variant, and not in the same range of rarity of HT Tusken or Red bar R5.

Just for the record, there are a TON of pants colors for Farmboys. Far more than "light" and "dark". It's hard to see all the differences in the photo, but when in hand, every one of these figures has a slightly different pants color. Much of that is due to paint degradation and not true variants, but many of them are definitely different colors of paint.

Teach42

Your farmboy picture is getting very Walking Deadish!!!!

Nice Luke army building! I especially like the farmboy with the Bespin saber tucked in this arm hole!

Trilogo, no COO, small hole. A standard saber won't fit into it as the hole is closed off. One of those figures that was packaged with a Bespin saber.

It's funny, I never think of myself as an an army builder. But I also never get rid of any as I'm always worried that I'll accidentally sell or trade some obscure variant that I didn't know existed, or some paint shade that I didn't realize I only had one of!

Quote Originally Posted by teach42 View Post
    Yes, I would call that dark pants. But there isn't a 'dark pants version that collectors are after.' It's a common variant, and not in the same range of rarity of HT Tusken or Red bar R5.

Just for the record, there are a TON of pants colors for Farmboys. Far more than "light" and "dark". It's hard to see all the differences in the photo, but when in hand, every one of these figures has a slightly different pants color. Much of that is due to paint degradation and not true variants, but many of them are definitely different colors of paint.

Now I know what Lukes closet looks like

That's a lot of Lukes. Pretty cool. Thanks for the info
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by teach42 View Post

Great photo mate. Cool to see the different colour/shaded pants all lined up like that.

He's even got, what appears to be, a really nice orange hair Luke!

LoL, you got some good eyes! You're correct. But he paints on his pants one leg at a time, like everyone else