Thread: Shipping suggestions

Shipping suggestions

OK, so I am selling off a large chunk of my collection, this includes loose and boxed items.

So first I am wondering what the best method to ship medium to large boxed (not sealed) items is?

Second I am wondering what services are best for high ticket items, like 5k or more? I'm primarily wondering about the best shipping service with the best insurance coverage???

Thanks

ps I did look around, but didn't find anything specific, or at least recently posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapman View Post
    OK, so I am selling off a large chunk of my collection, this includes loose and boxed items.

So first I am wondering what the best method to ship medium to large boxed (not sealed) items is?

Second I am wondering what services are best for high ticket items, like 5k or more? I'm primarily wondering about the best shipping service with the best insurance coverage???

Thanks

ps I did look around, but didn't find anything specific, or at least recently posted!

Not sure if I would use them, however, most pack and ship stores have a great variety of boxes and packing supplies. You may get lucky and find the perfect fit for each item. They add to the cost of your chosen carrier so I would just buy boxes and ship else where.

As far as shipping goes, fed X has the best insurance. UPS is a gamble. I use to work for a company that used UPS and they destroyed boxes time and time again. I just don't trust them.

Usps is always a gamble but I'm not sure on the insurance . I did just use them today with an 800 dollar insurance package .
    I guess I would read feedback from insurance stand points from each carrier to be sure. See who pays out the fastest with less hassle. Hopefully you won't need this but I'm always prepared and cover my butt.

Hope this helps.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

If this was a case where the packages were going international I would use DHL. They are faster and I never had a single issue with them. But when it comes to domestic shipments I highly recommend EedEX.

The first reason is tied to the fact that you can have them leave a note saying that nobody was home to accept the package, where the package can be picked up, etc. USPS has this as an option, but not UPS (which I might be wrong about). With what you appear to be shipping they might be your best bet since atop of offering this, I have not heard of them misplacing an item the day they had to shelve it. This is something I experienced with USPS.

The second is insurance. If I chose to ship ANYTHING past $100 in value it would be with FedEX. I have heard zero stories where they only gave the insurer a fraction of what an item is worth. There are way too many stories when it comes to USPS. And I only use UPS for cases where I need to save money on a AFA/VGA shipment.

But if you need a place that offers signature confirmation, use FedEX if they offers the buyer a means to pick up the item. And only use USPS if you need this and the former does not have that as an option in their location.

I also hope this helps. And want to add that I am not trying to discourage you from using UPS. I just do not feel comfortable recommending them when it comes to items that need some extra level of protection from possible theft.
    Officially retired from anything tied to Star Wars toys since August, 2019.
    Nobody will believe my reasons. Because history says so.
    Officially returned to 2006-2018 TakaraTomy Transformers since September, 2019.
    No real difference. Just nobody telling me to do what I was already doing it.