Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R5-BOO19

The droid is spoken for but if I can get back to DW, I'll pick up a couple more and try and help you out.

I really like this one. Best Halloween droid since the original R2-B00 in 2016 IMO, I wasn't a huge fan of either 17 or 18 really.
    I love to see a full size version of these in Galaxy's Edge.
    Closure for the EU - Release The Sword of the Jedi Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    It's worth it to me, they are the last niche of collecting I can muster that much enthusiasm for.
    And the thing is, if Hasbro was paying attention to how popular Droids are. And how much these fetch on ebay, because not everyone has access to Disney shops. They could literally make a killing selling these guys themselves!

Considering how much Hasbro loves issuing repaints/repacks, I cannot believe that they don't see the potential in releasing more Droids than they do. Especially if they could charge $15-20 for them!

Granted, it still wouldn't help you guys overseas much. I just don't like depending on the House of mouse for all my Droid needs, and even they have slowed down.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Thankfully!
    I do stick to film-canon astromech repaints - no ugly R6's or 7's here. Didn't do a lot of the protocol droids either.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    And the thing is, if Hasbro was paying attention to how popular Droids are. And how much these fetch on ebay, because not everyone has access to Disney shops. They could literally make a killing selling these guys themselves!

Considering how much Hasbro loves issuing repaints/repacks, I cannot believe that they don't see the potential in releasing more Droids than they do. Especially if they could charge $15-20 for them!

Granted, it still wouldn't help you guys overseas much. I just don't like depending on the House of mouse for all my Droid needs, and even they have slowed down.
    hasbro is really missing the boat on astromechs. They could complete D-squad. They could throw us a few more background droids. Then add a few new droid sculpts from solo, TFA and TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I really like this one. Best Halloween droid since the original R2-B00 in 2016 IMO, I wasn't a huge fan of either 17 or 18 really.
    I love to see a full size version of these in Galaxy's Edge.
    his is an awesome idea! Have your picture taken with it, and then people would want the toy even more! Just repaint it every year (or build an army of them!!!)

T

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Thankfully!
    I do stick to film-canon astromech repaints - no ugly R6's or 7's here. Didn't do a lot of the protocol droids either.
    We have that in common, though R6s (which I actually really dig) are movie canon since TFA, DS. Thankfully the ugly R7s remain Legends at this point.

Completely agree that Hasbro is leaving money on the table with all those unproduced droid figures. There are plenty that have been ignored in the tv shows. Most recently Resistance has brought us so many cool new designs, too.

To each their own! I really like the R7, R8, and R9 units. I feel like the diversity of droid appearances is neat and throughout the story upgrades and new models would show up. I am looking forward to Holiday droid with those "Legends" models. Fingers crossed!

It's really only the R7s that offend my sensibilities. I think the R8s and R9s do quite a good job of fitting in with what was established in the films, and the R6s especially which is why I was delighted to see them incorporated into onscreen canon. They don't have the same aesthetic that links the other astromechs in my opinion, but as you say, each to their own.

In any case, on topic, R5-BOO19 is awesome and one of the best entries in the holiday droid series, functioning well as a conceivable onscreen background robot and yet also having a clever Halloween twist. I hope we get more in this vein in future.

I should have clarified, I do not buy ST merchandise - with the exception of the droids from Disney that may qualify as off-screen OT! It's exhausting this hobby!
    May you live in interesting times.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast