Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Edge's Legacy Lightsaber Hilts

Galaxy Edge's Legacy Lightsaber Hilts

I am surprised that not a single separate thread has been created for Disney's new lightsaber collection.
    If I was in the States, I would have jumped on the chance to visit there, but my new calling overseas and family matter is keeping me fully occupied and hence, I ask you guys for reviews!

What do you guys think of Galaxy Edge's Legacy lightsabers?

1) Is the quality on par with Hasbro's black series lightsabers? Or does the quality trump even EFX's stunt lightsabers? How does it stand relative to the limited/legend editions made by MR and EFX?

2) If the quality is on par with the limited edition lightsabers sold by EFX and MR, does this signify the end of EFX's involvement in limited/legend edition lightsabers? Would you guys purchase EFX's limited edition lightsabers if they do come out in the future?

3) Has anyone talked to the folks at EFX regarding their current plans with lightsabers? Are they planning on introducting new lines? Or has Disney forbade EFX from ever making lightsabers that could come in direct competition with their existing products?

4) Do you guys plan on collecting them? There seems to be a huge variety of Galaxy's Edge legacy lightsabers being sold with plans for more.

5) With the introduction of Galaxy Edge's Legacy lightsabers, a huge influx of prospective lightsaber collectors and aficionados are popping in. IF, the ones sold at Disney is inferior in quality to the ones produced by MR or EFX, do you think these influx of new collectors will boost the "high-end" lightsaber collecting market in the near future as they yearn for more high-end lightsabers and find solace in lightsabers made by licensed prop replica companies (i.e. EFX)?

Just random questions I have with these new lightsabers!
    Last edited by The_Antiquarian; 08-03-2019 at 11:11 AM.

I'm in Galaxy's edge in Anaheim at least once or twice a week, always imaging everything (stock library of literally thousands and growing). Dok-Ondar has become one of my favorite subjects. He has ran out of stock on most if not all of the legacy lightsabers this past month, so there is not much to show right now. (This is just a matter of retailing supply meeting demand. So given time it will self correct.) With the second opening of Galaxies Edge in Florida at the end of this month should help the East Coast fans.

From what I've seen, the lightsaber props aren't at the same level as the MR or EFX LE's of the past, but they aren't the same cost of those either, even at their original retail prices. These are more mass market, but still decent quality. Casual collectors who aren't into paying high end pricing would be satisfied with them. They fit that mass market, relatively low cost sabers that has been asked for years. I'm attaching one image I took early on from the showcase display of a Kylo Ren legacy saber.

Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Comparison of a Dooku MR and Ventress Legacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated, not bad at all. Dok-Ondar has some decent items, and he is a hard bargainer.
    My partial collection

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'm in Galaxy's edge in Anaheim at least once or twice a week, always imaging everything (stock library of literally thousands and growing). Dok-Ondar has become one of my favorite subjects. He has ran out of stock on most if not all of the legacy lightsabers this past month, so there is not much to show right now. (This is just a matter of retailing supply meeting demand. So given time it will self correct.) With the second opening of Galaxies Edge in Florida at the end of this month should help the East Coast fans.
    Thank you very much for the analysis and the gorgeous pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Kareth View Post
    Comparison of a Dooku MR and Ventress Legacy
    Thank you Kareth for the comparison!
    Last edited by The_Antiquarian; 08-04-2019 at 12:47 PM.

I would really like to pick up an Asajj Ventress. I am actually waiting for all the rides, etc fully completed before planning a vacation to visit Galaxy's Edge.

Considering the price, I think they are excellent quality.
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jawa_Fong View Post
    I am actually waiting for all the rides, etc fully completed before planning a vacation to visit Galaxy's Edge.
    That is a good strategy if you are making the trip. December for WDW; Jan 2020 for Anaheim.

In the meantime you can explore Batu, hang with your alliance, or fly crew in the Falcon.

My partial collection

The props and setup and environment looks very impressive. My plan is probably end of 2020 or January 2021. Its a long long LONGGGGGG flight from Malaysia. LOL. 17 hours! LOL

Will try to plan so that I can also catch an NBA Basketball game as well.

Dok-Endar is the ultimate prop collector/dealer. Fun to converse with him and his staff. I had a long conversation with a Battuan villager who was telling me of some his known escapades; Dok-Endar has allegedly been accused of scraping some of the rock from the namesake Black Spire outside of his shop to sell under the table to some offworlders. He's a real character.

If you know where to look to the left of the Wampa, you can spot the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Ark of the Covenant up on that balcony. Dok gets around. The more you look around, the more easter eggs you find.

My partial collection

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast