Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Edge's Legacy Lightsaber Hilts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    If you need Mace Windu, here is another alternative;

Upcoming auction for a real Mace Windu prop estimated at $100k.
    100k? I need 3. Wow! I gonna need an NBA contract to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawa_Fong View Post
    100k? I need 3. Wow! I gonna need an NBA contract to get one.
    Master Replicas made two versions back in the Golden Age of prop collecting, an LE with 10k gold and a SE using 18K gold. I own the LE in my collection, I would be seeking the MR versions if I needed sabers, otherwise all but the Maul BD in this thread would do. The MR Maul BD LE is the best version of that model without comparison.
    Last edited by Shadow; 08-26-2019 at 11:53 PM.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Shadow go to Disneyland today bud! SW actors are in town for D23 expo.
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCitrix View Post
    Shadow go to Disneyland today bud! SW actors are in town for D23 expo.
    I spent the day at D23 Expo yesterday, where I grabbed shots of the Mandalorian Costume.

My partial collection

Hi Shadow, do you have direct feedback on how most of these GE hilts compare to MR in terms of quality, if you don’t have any of the MR offerings? I mean what are the exact specifics on why chasing down the MR versions would be worth all the extra money involved? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Jedi View Post
    Hi Shadow, do you have direct feedback on how most of these GE hilts compare to MR in terms of quality, if you don’t have any of the MR offerings? I mean what are the exact specifics on why chasing down the MR versions would be worth all the extra money involved? Thanks!
    I concur! Would be greatly appreciate from someone who has them both directly for comparison!

Discounting the signature fact, is limited edition EFX or MR lightsabers better in quality relative to Galaxy Edge’s one?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    Is limited edition EFX or MR lightsabers better in quality relative to Galaxy Edge’s one?
    In large part, YES. However the differences vary in significance based on which saber. Something like a Luke or Rey Graflex saber is pretty straightforward and easy to replicate. The difference in appearance is not that much at all, while the price difference could be significant. Other sabers, more specific in design like the Mace are hands down better as the MR version, but at a large price difference. Maybe the price savings is enough to make the differences not significant enough.

Essentially all of the GE legacy sabers are upgraded FX sabers in nature. They are designed to accept external blades, which on sabers like the Luke ROTJ or Obi-Wan ANH necessitate making the necks much fatter and require a large hole to insert the blade into. These limitations are not present on the static MR versions which are made to look as close as possible to the actual Hero prop seen on the screen. (I'm not going to get sidelined into the stunt sabers which are not the screen Hero sabers which can look completely different also.)

The Mace GE Legacy hilt does look pretty good for a very good price. Is it 100% as good as the MR, not in my opinion, but if it is 90% as good is it worth the price paid for the GE version? Absolutely!! There is a big cost difference between the two, so the cost makes the MR not worth the difference for users looking today. I can understand that.

The second MR LE saber I ever purchased was my Maul Battle Damaged LE. Even back at its release there was a lot of bad press right here on this board about it from prop purist, because it is considered idealized. The cut end is imagined what it would it look like since we never actually saw it close up on screen. The diagonal cut angle, the visible details inside of the saber including the red kyber crystal. The searing and heat stress marks around the cut section, all make it a work of art in my opinion. This is what the cut saber would look like in the real world to me. Does the GE Maul half saber have any of these details or finish? No, it does not. They are galaxies apart in appearance. If I was looking for a Maul, I would keep searching for the MR LE version.

Thy Kylo GE sabers I've seen in person are also conflicted in price/appearance in my opinion. I've seen much better licensed versions from other makers for prices 4x or 5x greater than what the GE version costs. I don't own any Kylo saber yet, so I would consider purchasing the Kylo from GE for their price and consider it good enough to display. I can't personally justify the much higher cost associated with the potential purchase of the better licensed versions as being that much better.
    My partial collection

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I spent the day at D23 Expo yesterday, where I grabbed shots of the Mandalorian Costume.

That trailer was epic. Disney+ is going to be a smash.
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

Hey everyone - I’m really intrigued by the Galaxy Edge lightsaber hilts. A question for folks with Ventress’s saber, would you recommend it in comparison to LE sabers? I doubt EFX will be producing this so I’m considerig taking the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Master Replicas made two versions back in the Golden Age of prop collecting, an LE with 10k gold and a SE using 18K gold. I own the LE in my collection, I would be seeking the MR versions if I needed sabers, otherwise all but the Mace BD in this thread would do. The MR Mace BD LE is the best version of that model without comparison.
    Yeah, I am on the lookout for a Mace LE for years now LOL. This and the Luke Version 2.0 are the only sabers I am missing in my MR collection.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast